Help the Elders are after me!!!!!!!!

by auntiem 35 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Plain and simple, I would put a sign on my door that is in plain view.

" We Shun Jehovah's Witnesses, Do Not Disturb"

They can put themselves on their DNC list...

That ought to get them fuming and ruffle a few feathers in the flock.

Love Orangefatcat..

• Mackin
    Mackin

I don't usually respond to posters so obviously defending the WTS but...

If they are taking the time to visit inactive ones, then that is proof that they are concerned and remember those that have left the flock.

SwordofJah:

So you are saying in effect, that the elders

would make these calls anyway, even if the weren't directed to by the WTS?

I think not.

I'm sorry to disillusion you but the reason the elders are making these visits is because the society has written to them instructing them to do so and the CO's will be checking up to make sure they have followed thru. I used to be an elder son, and I can tell you categorically that the vast majority don't give a rats ass about the publishers in their congs. let alone the inactive ones. Their motive is not loving concern, it's fear of a telling off by the CO and his resulting bad report to the WTS.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Mackin (of the "I know about elders" class)

• jimbob
    jimbob

LDH said:

Tell him, "Don't call us. We'll call you." and leave it at that.

And that is the EXACT TRUTH! That's exactly what I did. I told them not to come by unannounced and not to call. So where did that leave them? NOWHERE! They haven't bothered me since. No visits, no phone calls, and I never wrote a letter. Don't call me, I'll call you. That's what I told them. I know where the KH is, so don't bother me anymore. And it worked........at least so far...

• wednesday
    wednesday

I'm glad to hear that just telling them tot "go away" works for some, but it does not always,b/c they just make up the rules as they go. Some have done the same thing, and later found themselfs DA , b/c of refusing to meet with the elders. If u don't care if your DA, then i wouldn't worry at all.

• shera
    shera

Like I always say...control freaks! Makes them feel speciaaallll ..gezzz I'm in a mood today..............

• JH
    JH
    Help the elders are after me!!!!!!!

9-1-1

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

AuntiM,

First, write to the whole Body of Elders and the Society about the conduct of the "Elder", also, send a letter to the Editor of your local newspaper explaining what he did with implications that perhaps he wanted more than a "talk". Send notice to this particular Elder through a lawyer that he is not to set foot on your property and that if he attempts to contact you you'll file for an order of protection.

• Francois
    Francois

Refuse to be a prisoner in your own home. When he shows up next, tell him that YOU make your OWN appointments at your convenience, that HE cannot make your appointments for you. What a load of gall.

I had that happen once. An elder said that he'd be over around three on Sunday afternoon. Boom. No waiting for acceptance. Nothing. When he showed up, I said, "Sorry. Not convenient. Tell you what. When I'm ready to talk to you, I'll let you know. And I closed the door." I will damn sure not hide from the bastards. That's giving them power they don't otherwise have.

francois

• JH
    JH

On the other hand, can't he come over and have a friendly chat? I would rather see an elder come over to my place dressed in jeans, than in a military suit.

• Mum
    Mum

I agree with roybatty, Yerusalim and Francois and others who said pretty much the same things as these 3. That sums it up. Take back the power!

Best regards,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit