Help the Elders are after me!!!!!!!!

by auntiem 35 Replies latest jw friends

• auntiem
    auntiem

Okay, an elder just showed up at my doorstep and he was wearing sweat suit and sweat pants and he was alone. Whats up with that? Is this a new tactic to get me to talk? I am NOT going to talk and open my "heart" to these men. What are they thinking? My kids are at school and I have no husband so I am here alone. omg....what in the hell is going on? I will write my DA letter when I am ready and not when they want. Ohhhhh I get so mad!!!!!!!! I told him he could not come in ( I am still in my pj's). So he said he would be by next Friday at between 2-3. I think I will not be home thank you. Anyone got any great excuses I can use or statements that will keep them from coming?

Thanks for letting my vent!

aUnTiE M

• LDH
    LDH

Auntie,

He only has power because you allow him to.

Tell him, "Don't call us. We'll call you." and leave it at that.

So many times they take advantage of people's need to please others. Don't fall in the trap. You have no compelling reason why you owe these men an explanation for your life.

Period.

Lisa

• Beans
    Beans

Screw the letter, just leave! Sometimes a letter can be used against you in future especially if your baptized! Ya know shunning! I just left and left it all behind and asked those who were in contact with me that I was not interested anymore, and they just left me alone after a while. They will get tired of bugging you after a while.

Now the next time he shows up invite him in set up a camera and come on to him a great scandle for TV and Bethel. Then you have something on them!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• roybatty
    roybatty

Wow, that's a real "no-no" for an elder to stop by a "sister's" home with no one else. If you're pissed off enough and want to get him in trouble, you might consider writing the local body of elders that you felt extremly uncomfortable with him stopping by alone. Copy the circuit overseer and even the Society with your letter.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Just don't open the door.

And, let your answering machine pick up the phone calls for you.

I don't doubt, however, that sooner you later they will corner you...in a grocery store, coming in and out of your house, etc. Remember, though, they only have the power over you that you let them have. If you stop seeing them as THE ELDERS, and instead can see them as pathetic salesmen, it helps.

Mrs. Shakita

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Auntie Em,

No elder should ever call on you alone. It is both inappropriate as a social call and certainly as a pastoral visit for a JW elder to visit with someone of the opposite sex. If this happens again you should not let him in and remind him he is breaking the WTS rules he is supposed to abide by. Better to not answer the door or be out at the next scheduled visit.

THirdson

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Hi auntiem

They're after me too, but like you I'll DA myself when I'm good and ready. They're trying to DF me but I'm fighting that, I won't go easily. I've just posted another letter to them, if you like I'll email them to you, they may give you some ideas, I've successfully stalled them so far. I think in the end they'll do as they please - actually said to me by one of them but until then I'll give them a bit of grief.

I don't want to be any part of that organisation but I won't be bullied by them, that happened for long enough. I think they're a little shocked I'm fighting them but I need to do it for me.

AE

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Here is a good excuse...........The police. I knew a woman whe left her husband, he was an elder, they had 3 grown kids, and the elders kept trying to get her to dissacociate herself. They just kept comming around, till she called the police on them, I think i got in trouble for harassing. Anyways that was the last of it. They finally umm whats that thing they do when they say "by --------- actions they have shown they now longer want to be one of JWS? The did that when they saw a wreath on her door in December.

• benext
    benext

So an elder shows up in his sweat suit, you're in your PJ's with no one else at home and he wants to come in? Then he makes an appointment for 2-3 PM Friday? A letter to Brooklyn may be in order concerning his inappropriate advances.

• Pepper
    Pepper

I would just tell him to Phuck Off plain and simple.

Pepper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit