demons

by Stefanie 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Stefanie..you have to understand that the opinions expressed about this subject aren't directed at you, but at the subject itself. I hope you can look at it in a constructive way where you get to run the gammut (not gauntlet) of thought here by asking questions or positing ideas. . With more than 7,000 users here you should be prepared for anything..*LOL*...Don't ever feel you can't discuss something openly because some might not approve/agree/believe in a particular topic, or that you have to refrain from discussing things. Just remember there is a big difference in an opinion and a fact. Keep an open mind and stay away from purporting your ideas/opinions as said facts. This will keep many from taking you to task or it getting personal. We want to hear your thoguhts and help w/concerns or things that might be bugging you. Its OK...even the sassy comments are good for you. Just consider it catching up for all the people and opinions you never got to hear or experience. If you only ever heard what you wanted or sounded "pleasant" what would be the use in being here? No one likes to exist in a mutual admiration society all the time...(just sometimes...oh and a pudding cup please..). Welcome again and try not to take things so personally.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Nickey
    Nickey

Heaven,

You know what I meant! LOL Let me re-phrase that... screw themselves.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Stefanie... may you have peace... and I apologize for the dear folks here: they're pretty angry. They've been through a lot, most of them, severely lied to and wickedly enslaved... and one "coping" tool that you'll see here quite often is sarcasm. From time to time you will also witness rudeness, and on occasion downright meaness. But, they have somewhat legit reasons to be this way, truly, and many are working to overcome it. Most are succeeding.

Now, for your question: yes, there are demons; they do indeed exist. But not just as you think. You see, demons... is the English word for "daemon"... which means "spirit". So, there are "good" daemons... as well as "bad" daemons. The "pagan" equivalent would be "fairies"... you know, good and bad beings... with wings. Fairies are just smaller... and fulfill a need to understand the spirit world... without buying religion's take on it.

But... spirits... good and bad... do exist. You have nothing to fear, however, as NONE of them... good or bad... can do anything to you... or for you... that you don't ALLOW. They only "power" such ones have is that which we give them. Thus, you must let a "good" spirit help you, if you need it to; otherwise, you are resisting and receive no help at all, for if you oppose, it cannot do that which you've asked for. Constrastly, if you oppose a "bad" spirit... it will move on. Why? Because, as I said, they have no power of their own over you; they are impotent against flesh, unless flesh "allows place" for them... good or bad.

Spirit beings exist, in the spirit realm... just as flesh with its blood exists in the physical realm. ANd one thing that "bad" spirits will do is attempt to frighten you... such as what you experienced. Why is this? Tell me, what is it that makes another have power over you? Isn't it your fear of such one, that as long as YOU are in fear of HIM, HE is in charge? But once you get past such fear, any perceived power is... well, nonexistent? With on exception, of course.

But religion has played a BIG role in perpetuating such fear; they are, in fact, "agents" to that end. They have taught you that what is bad is good... and what is good, is bad. For instance, in what spirits truly look like. Trust me, they are NOT the tall good-looking menlike creatures we see depicted in religious art. THAT, dear one... is the flesh of earthling man, which spirit beings can put on and off, in order to appear in this realm... and return to the spirit one. But it is NOT what they themselves look like. They... are all seraphs... "flying fiery winged serpents"... or... dragons. Thus, even God "breathes fire" from His nostrils.

We have been TAUGHT, however, BY religion... to abhor that type of creature... in fact, if possible, to SLAY such ones. But there is only one, Satan, the arkaic dragon... and those who 'belong' to him... who is to be "slayed"... or rather, cast into the Lake of Fire (which is the only thing that can destroy a spirit - the flesh dies, true, but the spirit must be destroyed and only "celestial" fire can do that).

All spirit beings, then, all 'daemons', although they LOOK like they do (and since they are the same 'species', yes, they all look pretty much alike, like humans look alike...), are not "bad"... are not wicked. You know, like humans: the bad don't look any different from the good... on the OUTSIDE. The same is true of spirit beings.

Please... don't worry yourself too much that you were visited; you may be again. Whatever the purpose, you have no reason to fear: neither good nor bad spirits can do to you more than you permit... excluding that which God might permit (i.e., see Job). But Job proved Satan a liar... as did Christ... that all a man has he will give in behalf of his own skin... and unless you have PROFESSED that you are a son of God, by means of being joined to Christ, having been baptized by HIM... in SPIRIT... and live by means of HIS flesh and blood... you are not greatly subject to such tests. Why? Because it is only with the seed of the Woman... the sons of God by means of God's spirit... holy spirit... that Satan is now 'waging war'; it is only they who now have to answer the accusation as to what we will "give" in behalf of our own skin, as "the accuser of OUR BROTHERS" has been hurled down among us. And we are not afraid, because he "has NO hold" on us, for he has no hold on our Leader, Christ.

Demons, however, really only play "games"... just as what happened with you... to see if they can TRICK you into fear. They did that time, but don't give in to it anymore. They're pretty pitiful, really, in their games and if you recognize this, you will find hard to be in fear, because it's hard to fear those you have... well... pity and disregard for.

I hope this helps.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Kep
    Kep

Hey Steph,

Sorry to hear how you got spooked by something.

Altho I haven't experienced anything similar, I do know a friend who had something like your happen to her.

She awoke to see her baby who had been put to sleep in his crib, naked and crawling around the floor, his clothes were folded and in his crib.

It freaked her out, but for her she had an explanation that made sense and as she is a spiritualist type person, she was happy with that.

I had got onto the subject with her as the result of my Dad passing away and not seeing my baby, and how some strange things had been happening at home. Not that it bothered me, it helped feel better about losing my Dad.

I hope that you and family doing ok.

Kep

• Valis
    Valis

AGuest, peace to you...

just a question..

How hard would it be to change this line..

Now, for your question: yes, there are demons; they do indeed exist.

to this one..

"In my world view and religious experience, yes, there are demons; they do indeed exist."

Is it reasonable to assume that by not phrasing your sentence and following dialogue in such a manner, that you prove my point about people misrepresenting facts versus belief? Particularly the way they present it here? And don't you think this is the very thing that gets the flames going? Just a question I really thought I needed to ask..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• freedom96
    freedom96

Hi Stefani,

I have certainly seen ghosts in my home growing up. My whole family had seen it. Never bothered us, and I don't believe it was a demon. I know the WTS would automatically say it was, but it was not evil, and did nothing to harm us.

So do I think that demons as the WTS describe exist? Don't know. Maybe, but not to the same extent that they teach, and I am not really sure that they are here to torment us like the WTS would like us to believe.

But ghosts, I know. I saw, on many occasions. No one can tell me any different. I understand if someone is skeptical, as sometimes am. But I did see, and hear, many times.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

how do you know it was demons? don't you think if it was some evil entity it would have done more than just scare you? perhaps you happen to be one of those people who have superkinetic powers. of course a J-dub would blame that as demonism too, but it is not demons. It is merely the power of our minds that is not yet tapped or understood. I am not saying you dont have a 'demon' after you, but in the Bible examples of demon attention it was generally much more dramatic and hurtful. if you believe in demons. I dont. But I do believe in spirit entities.

Ravyn

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hello, dear Valis... and peace to you!

How hard would it be to change this line..

Now, for your question: yes, there are demons; they do indeed exist.

to this one..

"In my world view and religious experience, yes, there are demons; they do indeed exist."

Not hard at all, I don't think. I most probably wouldn't say it as you have, but more like I did, but...

Is it reasonable to assume that by not phrasing your sentence and following dialogue in such a manner, that you prove my point about people misrepresenting facts versus belief? Particularly the way they present it here?

I don't think so, but then, what do I know?

And don't you think this is the very thing that gets the flames going?

Well... hmmmmm... truly? I think what "gets flames going" are inconsiderate... and perhaps even rude... people. But again, what do I know?

Just a question I really thought I needed to ask..

I hope I was able to provide an adequate answer. Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Sirona
    Sirona

Stephanie,

I recently started a thread about the wierd happenings in my house. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43688&site=3

I am pagan, and I believe spirits exist. I also believe your story. I've had trouble with spirits before aswell. One thing that worked is actually standing in your house and asking the spirit to please leave (you could ask it to leave you and your child alone.)

Someone commented that they cannot harm us - that is true. Unless you "allow" yourself to be influenced by them, they cannot influence you.

Most spirits are not "evil" - and I'd say that the one you seem to be experiencing is not evil either. Perhaps your baby had been upset or had a problem and the spirit felt it needed to take the baby to you. (just a thought). I've talked to mediums, and they say that sometimes these wierd happenings come from someone who you love who has died....they are looking after you and letting you know they are there. Of course, you are afraid and I think that you should therefore speak to the spirit to tell them that you don't feel comfortable with them being there.

A friend I have saw a spirit once. She simply said to him "please go away, you are scaring me" and he walked away (disappeared).

Mail me if you want to talk further. Don't be afraid - you are protected! Many blessings to you,

Sirona

• target
    target

Stefenie:

Sirona is right, you can talk to them and ask them to leave, but sometimes you have to ask several times. A friend was having problems with the presence of her dead husband. Even the dog acted like he was in the house. He was an abusive husband and she did not want him around. She had to tell him many times before he finally left.

It might be good to ask what it is they want. Are they trying to tell you something? Maybe there was a problem with the baby and they were just trying to get it to you for needed attention. Sometimes it is someone you were close to and they are just trying to make you aware of their presence. An unknown spirit might be scary to you but finding out that it is your dead grandmother, for example, can make a big difference.

Millie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit