demons

by Stefanie 44 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

My sister would sleepwalk and pick up our baby sister late at night when she was crying. I've seen that and my older sister had no memory of every waking up.

My TV has turned on by itself before. It's wiring in the TV. Not demons.

Keep in mind when you have been indoctrinated over and over and over and over that demons are everywhere and are out to get you by the Watchtower, the mind follows. I've heard plenty of demon attack stories. Most of these type experiences always happened to the whacked out brothers and sisters in the congregation. Demons, like witches in the early days of Salem, are an easy thing to blame when unexplained phenomena happen. The purpose of these stories is to scare the living the hell out of the rank and file JWs and keep them obedient to the Governing Body who have no such cares or concerns about demons. It's an effective control tactic.

• Beans
    Beans

Scramble that word up and change one letter and you get MODEMS, I was right the computer is satanic and I should not be using it!

beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Edited by - Beans on 9 January 2003 16:49:43

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Stefanie, I think they came through the computer. Or perhaps the TV.

I do recall being told that if I listened to rock music demons would come into our home....heck, my mom (still a dub-acronym SAD) says she is sure demons have come into the her home via the computer.

She now refuses to go on the internet. She is not sure if they are gone, however....I won't stay with her. Why tempt fate?

My guess is that demons came into your home through the computer, impure thoughts, the TV or perhaps the radio or on a CD (if you listen to "bad" music)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

As a JW, I had a strange experience, but nothing since. I still can't explain what was going on that time.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Yep...I have experiences with "demons" every so often.

They show up at my door knocking at my door and try to give me magazines and/or pamphlets. They keep trying to "lovingly" show me that their way of perception about an Invisible Demon in the Sky is the only "truth" in the world. They keep inviting me to go to their local DemonHalls and join in their Demon Ministry. In fact, they tell me that if I don't, the big Demon in the Sky will destroy the world in fiery destruction...they even showed me all the nice pictures in their publications of people falling in to deep pits and various global land marks being struck by lightning. One made me laugh, it look like this big Demon weilding a microphone and it was crushing the capitol of the U.S. in Washington D.C.

Of course after such "loving destruction and genocide" by this Great Demon, there will be a nice paradise earth where people wear suits from Sears and dresses from The Bon or Nordstroms. They even get to go hiking and mountain climbing in them. All of them being guided by the 144,000 Demons and the Governing Demons on earth.

Yep...I see "demons" every so often.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I guess i invited all the sarcasm. Thats what i get for posting something that had been troubling me for a while. Thanks for your help guys.

I didnt know you all didnt believe in them. So sorry for even bringing it up.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Stefanie, I apologize for making lite of your fears-I am sorry.

I do understand....honest. My husband is out of town and I am hearing noises I never did....really.

My mother really does believe that demons will come through the computer. She has heard that type of message for the last 35 years. She will always believe it.

I got out almost 20 years ago so I lost my fear of that kind of stuff. However, the house settleing does not explain some of the noises.

Anyway, I think it is mind over indoctrination. As long as you believe that they exist, they will frighten you.

Try to look at it logically....the bible has all kinds of stories on demons doing all kinds of kinky things. Not a whole lot was written over the last 2000 years about demons doing the things they did before Jesus time. If they could come down and hurt us, don't you think they would have by now?

Regards,

Tina

• nakedmvistar
    nakedmvistar

ESTEE says:

Seems to me that the only people who are bothered by demons are ones who have been affiliated somehow with the jws.

Seriously . . . that tells me that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a demonized cult. . . a group that I want absolutely nothing to do with!

Come on already!!!!!!!!!!!Does it ALL have to come back to the JW???? She's asking about demons and how they may be troubling her!! There are many religions that believein the existence of malevolent beings. What's next, ...The "ALIENS" are really JW's in disguise??? Get some help!

• Solace
    Solace

Hi Steph,

Im sorry some arent taking you seriously. We were just discussing strange happenings in another thread recently. I think it was mostly about spirits not demons. Im not sure why Im not being slammed as much as you are, maybe because everyone knows of my temper.

Anyway, heres the link to the thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43995&site=3

If you need someone to talk to, my E-mail is always open.

As I said in my other post,

I am slightly skeptical but I will never say never again.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Wait a second Stefanie, I just gave you an example as to what my perception of a "demon" was.

If you want a direct answer to this question: Do you believe in the WTS definition of demons? I will give you a direct answer: No.

Now as to "supernatural beings", "ghosts", "spirits-be they good or bad", "poltergiests", "casper" and such? Well, personally by my own definition, I do believe that some of these exist. I can't prove it. There is nothing in the scientific world that has disproved it. So the possibility of such "entities" may exist, but I have no facts to give.

As to your experience, who could say? Perhaps it was a "spirit", perhaps not.

Some people who are or left the WTBTS are a bit...oh man, how can I say without getting in to trouble...skeptical? Is that good word to describe? Sure. They are skeptical because the WTBTS has this fetish about "Satan & His Demons". The concept of "demons" (by the WTBTS) is a tactic used in an over-dramatic way as to institute another little (actually a rather big) control practice.

Though I may not agree with them, I understand why they tend to fall in to sarcastic or trivial responses. Think about it for a second. Is there really any "meeting" you can recall where "Satan & His Demons" weren't brought up??? A conversation? The relentless preacy preach of how "Satan is the ruler of the world"? If you decided to think or do something that was questionable, no matter how trivial it may be, the universal counsel often had "Satan & His Demons" attached to it.

I understand why some here may scoff at the idea of "Demons", because of the inherint thought of how the WTBTS views them. In my opinion, the way the WTBTS utilizes "demons" as fear tactic is very silly to me. I can't help but chuckle at memories I have that involved discussions, counsel, talks, and dramas that were do over dramatic about "Satan & His Demons". It's become a eternal comedy routine where the funny just doesn't stop.

So, after being TRULY freed from the WTBTS, I understood that it was okay in this world to define "demons" as I see fit. Some agree, some don't. I like the ones that don't, their viewpoint offers the challenge and NEW perceptions to consider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit