auntiem

Stefenie,

Email me sweetie!

Hugs!

aUnTiE M

• Liberty
    Liberty

Hi Stephanie,

The topic of demons is always a difficult one because there are those of us who just flat out don't believe in them while others are just as convinced that they are real. After years of study and experiance I can say that I am one who doesn't believe that such beings are possible so I always look for a natural explaination whereas believers will always look to the supernatural. Ask yourself logically, if demons are evil and have the strength to move a baby around wouldn't it be easier and more effective for them to just stop a baby's heart from beating or to smother them while taunting you outloud rather than just playing tricks by quietly moving the baby around? If demons were real wouldn't they want you to know for sure it was them and wouldn't they try to use their powers to do greater harm than just turning off a TV or moving things around? The Watch Tower version of a demon is the most unbelievable since they are supposed to be fallen angels, spirit beings second only to God, and yet they use their great intellegence and powers to do stupid useless things like live in old furniture, books, and shawls waiting for hapless JWs to stumble across them at yard sales so they can frighten the children or move things around the house. If the Devil and his minions are doing battle with God for control of the Universe, I think playing silly tricks in mostly private homes of just a very few people would be a huge waste of time accomplishing nothing but encouraging believers to run to their God for help. It doesn't make any sense so other explainations, which you've already been offered, are just more likely. Let science and reason be your guides instead of silly superstitions from a discredited cult like the Watch Tower Society.

Good luck in your search for truth

Edited by - Liberty on 9 January 2003 17:48:6

• ugg
    ugg

hi steph,,,and welcome to the board....do not feel bad about your post...you can talk about anything you want here...

there is ALOT of really nice folks here...just different personalities,,,,EVERYONE here is VERY caring and will support you in a moment,,,,,but...some times we can all just "RATTLE" off....demons is just one of "those" subjects.....

stick around....you will like it here...as you grow,,,you will find friends,,understanding,,,and hopefully happiness....give it time....

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I think my problem was that I used the wrong word. I should have said spirits or paranormal. My question was if anyone else has had these problems, just so that I wouldnt feel like a feak. I wasnt asking for a definiton, or explanation, although those thoughts were greatlly appreciated.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

And Liberty, I dont mean to be rude or disrespectful, but I have a 5 month old and Im pregnant, and your comment, just turned my stomach. Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest. And I guess sometimes finding out the truth about stuff does that kind of thing. I wont talk about it anymore. Sorry

• Soledad
    Soledad

when I was about 16-17 and went to bed at night I felt my bed rumbling and a choking sensation on my chest and neck. of course I attributed all that to demons, so I went thru all my rock albums and tapes threw out just about everything. turns out I was really experiencing night terrors, where my brain was semi-awake but my body wasn't. Once I left the WTS I never experienced that again. and once I stopped believing in ghosts I stopped being visited by one.

• target
    target

Stefanie:

Now you know why I asked you to e-mail me. I knew you would get responses like this and I was not about to give them more fuel. It is usally like that whenever this topic comes up. I have a different viewpoint than these other posters. There are others here who agree with me but they don't speak up for the same reason I didn't. It is best discussed privately.

Millie

• Solace
    Solace

Steph,

I agree with Target.

Im not as suprised when people disagree and slam me regarding my beliefs anymore. If you feel you are getting too upset by others responses, it might be best not to discuss it so openly.

On the other hand,

if they make fun of you, you could always tell them off, or to go screw themselves.

• Nickey
    Nickey

Stefanie,

Don't let all the sarcasm get to you. Some people have to realize when to cut it out and be serious sometimes because it's something that is truly bothering you. And that isn't anything to joke about, even if it appers funny to others.

There are believers and non-believers. But, who are we to say what you are to believe? Yes, people sleepwalk. But if you said you were laying in your bed and your baby was dropped on your bed... then who is anyone to say that you yourself did it when none of us were there to actually see?

Liberty made a point. But there's a point missed in that observation... yes, a "demon" may have the power to just stop a baby's heart and do numerous harmful attacks. That could cause mass chaos and destruction on humans. To have free will to do whatever would be a dream come true. So why don't they use that power to do more harm? Well, if we didn't have authorities and jails to keep criminals in check, we'd be worse off. No laws and limitations set for everyone would leave a huge opening for mass. Some would use that free will to do harm.

Laws dominate. The law of the universe. The law of math....etc. Who's to say "demons" aren't under ; certain laws and limitations?

"Silly tricks" could be more than what a mere human can comprehend if it really is a "battle".

All I can say is, we'll see when we get to wherever. Maybe non-existence, maybe not. The thing is, no one can say a definate yes or no. But it would be mighty arrogant and self-centered for humans to think that we're the only living beings with intelligence in this whole vast universe that we've only seen but so far... even we have our limitations.

"Free-will" ain't but a word in our own vocabulary.

I agree with Heaven, screw them. *lol*

Edited by - Nickey on 9 January 2003 19:17:23

• Solace
    Solace

Nick,

HUH! I dont remember telling Stephanie to "screw them".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit