Most ridiculous statements from the JW stage?

by Smiles 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

Watchtower Conductor asks this question to a bewildered audience, while trying to have them answer what he wants them to......"Does anybody know what's in my mind?"........That was the all time STUPIDEST QUESTION that I've ever heard. .....Like we're supposed to know what's on this dink's mind.

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

I had a CO tell me " If you didn't read it in a WTS publication you can't believe it" . This was in reference to a question I asked about the blood issue.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Setfreefinally: I had an elder say the same thing to me one time. If it's not in the WT, I don't believe it. When I think back to all those sayings I heard in the borg, I want to curl up and die.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Not from JW stage but at a similar ill-educated religious gathering:

Speaker: We're coming out of winter and it's getting warmer. Why is that?

Bloke in audience: The Earth's getting closer to the sun!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Anti-Rock music evangelist from stage: The band Styx is named after the river which flows through Hell

Youth Leader, several months later: Stephanus, where is the Bible verse which says that Styx is the river that runs through Hell?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

"The Lord loves a hilarious giver"!

• Ed
    Ed

I remember hearing a Bible reading in the Ministry School where the student was reading from Zephaniah chapter 2. Verse 2 says "Before the statute gives birth to anything, before the day has passed by just like chaff..." etc. The guy had misread the word "statute" as "statue" and had prepared an elaborate and very convincing argument that involved a statue giving birth. I can't even remember how it went, it was so damn funny.

• TR
    TR

ED,

Oh My F**king GOD! How can even a 'hovah be so damn DUMB! A statue giving birth! HA! Jesus, this crap never ceases to amaze me!

TR

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

At a Watchtower study a pioneer sister answered a question about why "peer pressure" can be such an issue. She said peer pressure is difficult because of the intense stares of opposers peering at Jehovah's Witnesses. I guess her pocket dictionary (often the wealth of books owned by JWs that are not from the WTS) was lacking in definitions, but it made me laugh, and I still think about this person when ever I hear the phrase "peer pressure."

Thirdson

• Ed
    Ed
    ED,

Oh My F**king GOD! ....

Exactly. But it got me thinking...as a JW you can make "sense" of absolutely anything. Even when it's random nonsense as a result of misreading a word, you can get all philosophical about it and turn it into some sort of lesson that seems to fit in perfectly. And hardly anyone notices.

Just imagine what other weird and wonderful things have been created as a result of mistranslation, and been accepted without any question...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit