Do you still like your user name?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

At first when we joined, we all choose a user name that would identify us. We also had the choice of puting a picture next to our user name. Often, some change the picture for a better one. But we can't change our user name. We are stuck with it. If you could, would you change your username for something more appropriate, or do you still like it?

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

My name was given to me so it is special to me. Although I have played around with changing it, I wouldn't.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

My name was given to me so it is special to me. Although I have played around with changing it, I wouldn't.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Elsewhere is Here to stay.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My name was given to me years ago. It's stuck through all these years. No plans to change.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Believe it or not I like mine!

• D8TA
    D8TA

D8TA has been with me for near a 20 years now, dagnabit, in my day screen names were a luxury. Not like these young ungreatfull screwballs making up names like candy on the street. There once was a time when kids in my day would walk in 7 feet of snow, with no shoes, carrying the dirt they had to eat for lunch in their naked freezing palms...and when we were GIVEN a screen name, we APPRECIATED it!

Life was much simpler then, nothing but local area networks with Tandy computers hooked together with shoe string and plastic cups! Nothing but yellow and green monitors too, mind ya! None of these hot rod DSL/Cable connections making a racket and disturbing the peace! No sir-e-bob! We had respect dagnabit! RESPECT!

* spits on the ground, continues to carve wooden router line with a knife *

And another thing, you didn't have this World Wide Web and Internet...no sir, you had BBS's. You had to start a fire fueled with gaoline just to get your 200 baud modem to work...and if you were out of gas, then tough luck! We had to WORK 4-5 jobs just to pay for our phone bill. And you know what? We APPRECIATED it!

Damn whipper snappers! Enjoy the screen names you have and quit complaining, there are kids in China using an abacus with silk string for an internet connection, and their government CHOOSES the screen names for them.

* spits on ground and mumbles silently as continuing to carve wooden router line with a knife *

Edited by - D8TA on 8 January 2003 18:55:9

• onacruse
    onacruse

And deprive Valis of all the fun he has mangling onacruse? Nah. And besides, now everybody knows (or should know ) that I meant on-a-cruise (through life), not on-a-cruise (for chics).

Ok, ok, I admit, I was onacruse for bikerchic...I just didn't know it at the time!! LOL

Craig

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    Elsewhere is Here to stay.

How can you be here, when you are Elsewhere?

I still love lilacs so the name still suits me.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Witch Child is my chosen name. It whispers about magic and a kind of newness that I seek always to keep in my heart and in my approach to life. I love it. It is also one of the names of an abused little girl who survived to devastate her abusers. She managed to retain the essense of her innocense in doing so, too.

~Witch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit