VA shooting suspect was raised a JW! He mentions it on his Twitter account

by WingCommander 324 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Anyone in the USA following this morning's shooting "on-air" live TV will know what I'm talking about. Bryce Williams (not real name, but on-air name) shot and killed 2 people on live television this morning in Roanoke, VA. He was wearing a Go-Pro camera, and uploaded his first-person video onto his social media accounts. I've seen his Twitter feed (before it was taken down), and not very far down he mentions being raised a JW. He was cornered on a highway by law enforcement, when he then ate his own barrel. (suicide).

I swear, does anyone make it out of this cult unscathed? How f*cked up does this cult make people?

Here is a youtube video of his Twitter account, where you can clearly see him mention being in the JW's as a child. This was a sick individual. How much of the "sick" was caused by the JW upbringing and environment? It will be interesting to see if the newsmedia picks up on this aspect of his past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEcGWasHpY0

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I watched all the vids, what a coward he was for this.

The jw thing is an interesting twist though

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Alas, JWs will point to this and say, "See there! A mental diseased apostate!"
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Dannnng.

• jhine
    jhine

To be fair people in America shoot each other without having been near the WT . Though it does make you wonder . .

Jan

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"But mom was cool"....

that will be translated as "didnt raise him in the truth and this what happens"

my my deepest sympathy and condolences to the family's affected

• cappytan
    cappytan
    "...people in America shoot each other..."

SMH People all over the world shoot each other. This isn't an American problem. You just hear about it more often because the American media has the motto, "if it bleeds, it leads."

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations
    Latest reports say that while he did shoot himself, he didn't die (drat!). He's in critical condition.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Good, hopefully he gets some time to suffer for being such a piece of crap.

This was a true brutal act of complete cowardice.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I just have to say, what I am most stunned about from his 1st person shooter video, is the fact that the reporter and the woman being interviewed didn't seem to notice this large, imposing, muscular man wearing all black holding and pointing a full-sized GLOCK only feet from them????????? Did these people not posses peripheral vision? I understand the camera-man not seeing the shooter, as he had a large camera at the side of his head.....but the two women?

And please don't misunderstand my post; I am NOT victim-blaming them. This was NOT their fault. The shooter was obviously a sick individual who was probably fed up with "the system" and/or "whitey", cause he mentions the reporter using hate speech against him, etc. However, I am just stating that I'm stunned at how oblivious people seem to be today of their surroundings. I see it all the time. Then again, my father was in the military and taught me growing up to be aware of my surroundings, exits, etc. Hell, I never sit in a restaurant with my back towards the door or windows. I always have a clear line of sight. Guess that's a rarity today. It shouldn't be, as people are freakin' evil and crazy today!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit