What woke you up?

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 83 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Vidiot: It's rarely ever one big thing. More often than not, it's a hundred little WTF moments that steadily add up.

I was so glad to read your post, Vidiot. I had read this string of posts a few times. (And THANK YOU to everyone that shared their experience!) For some it was 607; for others change in blood fractions; or 1995 generation change; or deliberate misquotes in publications, etc.

I was wondering why I was so f#*king dense!!! I think I was aware of all of those things and just rationalized them in one way or another so I could ignore them. For example, blood fractions -- I figured they were "easing" out of the blood doctrine completely, but doing it discretely. (Faithful & Discreet Slave) I was surprised at that because I thought the HIV scare was evidence of Jah's blessing on that doctrine. Silly me.

I ignored 607 figuring that 587 just pushed Armageddon off for 20 years. Or, then maybe it was the 120 years of Noah's preaching that applied. Or, then .......... Yeah, I kept finding (creating/imagining) some BS excuse for them, such as, "imperfect men".

It took all of the things mentioned, and then a direct attack on my family to lurch me from my comfortable sleep.

I was really gullible, dense, delusional.

Thank God my kids have escaped while they still have most of their productive lives ahead of them.

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Hi Ricky,

i have not been in the org for long...my eyes were open shortly after i got baptized. here is the flow that lead to my eyes opening.

1. became an MS and soon after took over books. i realized how much money is coming in and where is it all going

2. had a short bible study with a real christian and presented the B.I.T.E model to me, not really understiand it yet.

3. Faithful and discreet slave going from 144,000 to 7 in the summer of 2013. I was like WTF.

4. A former elder, who is still a dub. asked me...why is the partaking number going up? I am not sure why he asked, but it made me think. I still wonder if he is awake to ttatt.

5. Generation change to overlapping generation. I thought, this is BS....i asked an elder to explain it and fumbled on his explination. i was like..this is B.S.

6. Now the nail on the lid. Nov 2013 watchtower...where they said to follow with out asking questions, even it is doesn't sound like a good idea from a human stand point. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say Jim Jones!!!

7. from that point i knew i had to get out.

8. i did research on how to step down has an MS and found this website. i have read so much stuff and gotten so much support. i was able to change halls and step down and fading. my wifes eyes are still closed...she knows how i feel. we get along good on everything expect for anything JW.

I despise this cult and wish it would just go away.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

In 2004 I went on holiday with my girlfriend and my in-laws to be. (My girlfriends father was a well respected elder)

Well to make a long story short, I made her pregnant and refused to marry her which made it all end badly.

...just kidding.

What actually happened was that I took a book with me to read during the holiday. It was Matt Ridley's Genome.

When I finished the book I became very quiet and contemplative because I was now an evolutionist.

The beginning of the end but also the end of the beginning.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ DesirousOfChange...

Thanks, and you're welcome.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

What woke you up?

Overlapping generations. You can't explain something that doesn't make sense.

• ssn587
    ssn587
    Their constant we are always right and everyone else is wrong. Huh? Then reading BRITANNICA ENCYCLOPEDIA on the destruction of Jerusalem, no 607, then no 1914. No 1919. I mentally checked out then, just went through the motions for the wife's sake. Upon her death, the lack of love and care from our congregation was eye opening to my daughters. The supposed love didn't even exist, minimal showing of the congregation at the funeral and absolutely. I cards or phone calls expressing condolences. I just never showed up again, the elder body was so lax none ever came to see us. Love my rectum, no such thing in that congregation.
  • username
    username
    My alarm clock this morning - Oh wait...
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I'm not particularly keen on the expression 'woke up' i think it may suggest that i was sleeping which i don't believe I was. I was raised as a witness and baptised accepting the good news of Matt. 24:14 and it's fulfilment as preached by those who said they were commissioned to do so. As long as I was convinced of this I remained a witness. When there was a change in the understanding of scriptures associated with this verse and I no longer felt convinced, I could no longer participate in the witness work and so I stopped engaging in it.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

My alarm clock.

After that it was suddenly opening my eyes and seeing the utter and total hypocrisy, lack of genuine love, meanness, unkindness, lack of humility, lack of real knowledge, manipulation and bullying and lying and the astonishing callous selfish lack of empathy or true compassion for others. Oh and then the fact that they are a fucking cult.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, gosh, GodZoo; don't hold back...

...tell us how you really feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit