What woke you up?

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 83 Replies latest jw experiences

• cha ching
    cha ching
  • dozy
    dozy

607 just tore apart any foundation that this was "Jehovah's organisation" and supposedly had God's spirit. Reading Franz's books just confirmed much of what I already knew.

Among many "WOW" moments was the discovery that the WTBTS artists had copied illustrations from Christendom's books and even copied an alcohol advert for the front page of the Watchtower. Just seemed so hypocritical to me... http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/87.htm

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

The first big thing was discovering the gross misrepresentation of quotes in the Creation book. I was an uber-diehard JW, longtime pioneer, foreign lang. group, etc., married to a former Bethelite, elder. The whole schmear. I always had this vague knowledge that we, as JWs, had our "own" timeline of events from "creation" onward which was a source of discomfort, but I was always able to rationalize it. Then I started re-reading the Creation book and actually tracking down the sources. What an eye-opener. I remember just sitting and sobbing my eyes out. But the shock got me to start researching other things and I quickly discovered the UN NGO lie, and that was the end of any kind of allegiance to this stupid religion.

I was mentally out but had to do a long, slow fade to accommodate family. Now, I'm happy to say I'm OUT OUT OUT! And never going back--and never been happier!

• apostrate
    apostrate

dozy,

"Reading Franz's books just confirmed much of what I already knew."

Exactly! Ray Franz didn't lead me out. I was already out when I read his book. But what he described going on at HQ was what I had experienced on a local level.

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    When I was studying, in the beginning I was encouraged to ask any questions I wanted. By the time we finished studying the book, I was then advised to be careful with my questions because questioning the gb was the same as questioning God. I didn't want anything to do with a religion that equated their leaders with God while preaching that everyone else should be humble. I'm still considered the "worldly" one in my husbands family. It's been that way for almost 30 yrs and I'm ok with that.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Destruction of Jerusalem being 586/587 rather than 607...destroys everything as 1914 is the foundation for modern day dubs...once you prove to yourself it was not in 607 then the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.

If those 7 guys in the GB are not being directed by any god then it's all just their interpretation and it is amazing how much of the JW doctrine is based on having trust that they are chosen.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Endless treadmill of busy work that led to a major panic attack / suicidal depression. WTBTS preys on neurotic conscientious naïve people such as myself. It was fun at first but was short lived although on the positive side at least I got to learn the Bible. Add in the Revelation book, constant self elevation and writing themselves in to the Bible, plus recent most events and I'm now totally out with no desire to go back unlike even 6 - 8 months ago. I'm now looking elsewhere or may just read and study the Bible on my own. Bye bye Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Crazy Freddie and your GB !!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's rarely ever one big thing.

More often than not, it's a hundred little WTF moments that steadily add up.

• Londo111
    Londo111
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Also wanted to add the egomaniacs in the org, from top down at all levels : Strut

Lack of healthy lifestyle, many are sick and portly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit