What woke you up?

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 83 Replies latest jw experiences

• deanxxx
    deanxxx
    For me quite a few things: sexism, unkindness masquerading as virtue, the black and white mindset, 'going beyond the things written', historical revisionism, the 'Creation' book, intellectual dishonesty, the 'us versus them' mentality, cannabis, rock n roll and last but not least, the Bible itself.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Child abuse issue. My daughter was molested by a trusted JW.

You can probably guess how well that was handled!! You can't look back after going through all that.

• freddo
    freddo

>deanxxx

Welcome if no one has said it before.

"Unkindness masquerading as virtue" - nicely put.

• ozbrad
    ozbrad
    Noahs Flood and praying away the gay wasn't working.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Incompatibility of the bible with science, especially human anthropology, the flood and evolution

Illogical blood doctrine and hypocrisy about what one is prepared to take without giving.

Constant spin on generations.

Whitewash over pre-1914 doctrine v changes made once predictions failed.

Zero evidence for the operation of holy spirit on appointed men.

Reading Crisis of Conscience.

• maksutov
    maksutov
    I spent 10 years feeling uncomfortable at the lack of any strong evidence for the existence of God (if he is real, and all powerful why can't he just make it more obvious that he actually exists?), and found it increasingly difficult to believe that Armageddon was still really 'just around the corner'. It was only after I left that I started looking at what apostates had to say, and I was so shocked and offended by the GB's dishonesty that I became a full-fledged apostate myself.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Unkindness masquerading as virtue...

^^ this, I absolutely loathe unkindness. The hypocrisy. Some became so arrogant. They didn't even care it was glaringly obvious. Hearing from the platform we were an org. based on love, yeah right. Candace conte et al. Investigation by the UK charities comm. RAC and G Jackson's plus all the goon's testimonies. Absolute plonkers. I couldn't watch this RAC live stream because I wanted to pull their smug fat faces through the screen and rip their throats out -( and breathe!). Sorry, don't know what came over me.

• Peony
    Peony
    For me it was the 'game playing' 'be seen to be doing the right thing'.
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Reading WT books printed before 1914 and realizing that they have totally misrepresented what they were teaching pre-1914.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I've already written a long post on what woke me up, so For this thread I'll just say racism in the congs woke me up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit