What woke you up?

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 83 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A lot of this is in my Millions book...along with the comments of some of the stars of this and other forums. (Shameless plug again mwuhahahahaha).

Anyway...........when I was an elder I couldn't understand why a naughty person was given 7 days to appeal Jehovah's(tm) infallible desicion from a JC.......................then they wheeled out 'overlapping generations(tm) and I thought, 'that's it! the GB are mental!'

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Punk:

I tried to order your book but get the message "This title is not available to you". Any idea why?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Perhaps one of the first little things that opened up my eyes ever so slightly was when a sister made a beautiful collection of bible poetry. When she asked the elder dubbarubs if she could publish it, they counseled her that such outside publicizing would be taking away from the organization that Christ was using. She relented to their counsel. This is a woman who is battling sever manic depression and also cancer. They denied her the basic right to share publicly her love of the bible and her unique expressions of love and fondness for god and the bible. Would that have happened in the first century? No way.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So many thing . But like many others the bible woke me up. The flood... garden of eden... tower of babel. All bollucks!

Reality vs myth

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    SecretSlaveClass
    Punk:
    I tried to order your book but get the message "This title is not available to you". Any idea why?

I haven't a clue. That's a worry. I wonder if it depends on which country you're in?

http://www.amazon.com/Millions-Now-Living-Interviews-associated/dp/1515122565/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

This is supposed to be the USA link.

Not sure if you need to search amazon in the search bar?

If it doesn't work lemme know and I will contact Amazon. Thanks PJ

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Punk:

Yup that U.S. Link did the trick. Book ordered, thanks!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    SecretSlaveClass
    Punk:
    Yup that U.S. Link did the trick. Book ordered, thanks!

Appreciated. I hope you enjoy the contributions of many on here.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    That Rutherford was no more than a alcoholic womanizer who lived in luxury.
  • done4good
    done4good

It took time, many years in fact. The formula can be summarized like this:

Education+Success+Experiencing Real World=Seeing it is all bullshit when it turns on you.

d4g

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo
    None of it mde logical sense to me, even in childhood, yet I thought it was me that was the problem and Inwould not leave until I was 24 after confirming that it was not that I "did not have the right heart condition" but that it was all a pile of garbage. I could never understand why god would value blind faith over logical reasoning amd fairness. I didn't like the wt god at all and simply tried my best to do what I was supposed to do to avoid losing my chance at immortality. The 1995 Generation change really rocked me, even at 12. But i put all my doubts down to me being weak in faith. A turning point was trying to explain to an ICU doctor why a particular blood fraction treatment was ok for a family member, but not a major component. He said "I don't understand" and I said, almost surprising myself, "neither do I". The HLC (Idiots) suggested treatments for this family member that were swiftly dismissed by these doctors with sound basis. I realised that most of the information we were given was well out of date, if it was ever relevant at all. Prior to that ainhad been led to believe that JW leadership was very up-to-date and well versed in medical care with blood alternatives and that these were not only morally right, but medically better than conventional treatment. That view was quickly shattered over a few days when I realised we were on our own, and I had to figure out a treatment this family member could have, and then convince them ot was ok. That was definitely the beginning of the end for me. It may sound silly but I also became jaded when my pet dog died at a grand old age, whom I believed would live forever with me into the new system. I prayed for that every night, but I had to watch him slowly deteriorate until he was unable to eat and clearly suffering, I had to have him put to sleep. Clearly my prayers fell on deaf ears. The Daniel book also made me realise they were just making things up as they went. It wasn't until I started researching on the evil internet I realised I wasn't the only one with a brain. It was all over for me within a few hours of finding info on 607 (which was one of my own personal "proofs" up until that point), studies in the scriptures craziness, freemason symbolism, beth sarim, prior prophecies for the end times, 2 winess rule, blood, UN NGO, etc, etc... just stopped going cold turkey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit