Quit smoking crack...the USA is not a bully!

by dolphman 68 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

DM,

We are not fighting with bows and arrows anymore and a Third World War will be the last war. The old "my stick is bigger than your stick" mentality will not work.

Will

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

We should have carpet bombed Somalia Vietnam style. Talk about bad mission planning. What a disaster. Then to turn around and leave. What a waste. Somalia is still a dump. Thank You BILL CLINTON (worlds biggest pussy+draft dodger)

China is going to be a semi-superpower becuase they are anywhere from 1-2 generations behind in technology. Their influence is purely local. As for as an Asian 'coalition' -not a chance in hell. They (like the middle-easterners/Isrealies) have been killing each other for thousands of years. The Japanese hate the Chinese...etc...etc... . A perfect example of Chinese neanderthalsim is their wonderfull space program. We did what they are attempting to do in 1964!!! The majority of there tech is either purchased, stolen, or part of forign investment in China. They would love to invade Taiwan but cant. They dont even have enough ships to bring over their troops! Nevermind the fact that we are in the way. The fact is that Communism is inefficent. China COULD become a superpower but the Govt will have to go. The majority of their (crappy) military is purchased from the Russians because their equipment SUCKS. Anyone checked out the Chinese airforce lately? PATHETIC. They have to steal technology (ie the nuke tech) becuase they cant figure it out themselves. They are WAY behind. Im sure if they start getting too close in the Superpower Race we will just have to trip them up.

• dolphman
    dolphman

Well we could do nothing and die anyway. So at least if we fight back, we can go out in a blaze of glory. I mean, I don't want someone to just come up on me and kill me if there is something i can do about it. And last time I checked, terrorist give no advance notice of any impending terrorist attacks. So, We gotta beat them to the punch if possible. I think that's what we're trying to do. I honestly don't think we're trying to impose Christianity on anyone (unless your Jerry Falwell of course). If anything, that's a Muslim agenda. And we all know how the Muslims like to live in the past (gotta behead those homosexuals, you know).

Tell you what, answer the question below:

If you had a choice of who would be the ONLY country to own nuclear weapons, which one would it be?

A) America

B) N.Korea

C) Iraq

D) Switzerland

My answer would be D. Switzerland. I mean c'mon, they don't hurt anyone.

Nuclear weapons suck. I hate them. But I'm glad we've got MOST OF THEM. Don't you?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmmm I'd give them to N. Korea so Mr. Genius Kim II could nuke himself and China and save us all the trouble.

• LDH
    LDH

Do yourself a favor and rent "The Green Dragon."

It's a new release with Forrest Whitaker and Patrick Swayze. It's about the relocation of the Vietnamese refugees to the US while South Vietnam was crumbling.

Lisa

• LDH
    LDH

Oh and PPS.

Can we make a distinction between "Muslims" and "Islamic Fundamentalists" while we're on the subject? Not all Muslims wish to behead homosexuals but your assumption that they do is enough to push the Islamic Fundamentalists over the edge (as if they needed any help.)

Mmmmkay?

Lisa

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hmmmm no I think i'll stick to 'Were Eagles Dare' 'Hogans Hero's' 'The Dirty Dozen' and if I want to really trip out 'Apocolypse Now' or 'Saving Private Ryan'

• dolphman
    dolphman

Actually your wrong Lisa, Secular Muslim Goverments in general accept beheading of homosexuals as a nescessary and justifiable punishment. Egypt and Saudia Arabia in particulair. Their were some recent news stories concerning this. Check out www.arabnews.com for all the latest atrocities.

So, uh...hate to burst your bubble, but it's a true story. Now, certainly, I don't think all Muslims are terrorist or anything. I'm just saying...uh...I guess I'm just uh...saying Islamic Fundamentalists are even worse!

--Rich

• LDH
    LDH

"Secular Muslim Governments" no more represent the average Muslim than Strom Thurman represents the average Republican or Al Sharpton represents the average Democrat.

The majority of Muslims are living under oppression because some Islamic fundamentalists choose NOT to make a disctinction between "Government" and "Religious Law." AKA, no separation of church and state. This is a BAD idea, of course.

Some Muslims wish to be governed by the Secular state, other Muslims believe there can be NO separation between the two. These are the Muslims who would endanger the world.

There are certainly forward thinking Muslims suck as Karzai (who will probably be slaughtered any day now.) trying to bring peace to his region, and I don't envy him at all.

You may wish to explore http://www.pbs.org for some comprehensive looks into the Muslim world.

Lisa

Red-blooded American but I make room for others, Class

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Dolphman,

I think your post is very narrow-minded.

Numerous people have stated that just because they feel the USA is a bully does not mean that don't appreciate the freedom enjoyed in this country, nor does it mean we'd rather see China as a superpower. Why do all of you continually jump to the same retarded conclusions?

"Oh, he/she called the USA a bully. Frikkin commie's. They don't appreciate the freedoms of this country!!!"

*sigh*

You're brainwashed by American patriotism, just the way they want you to be. We want to see more evidence, more proof, to attack Iraq. You instantly believe every word Bush and Powell state. That's your own perogative, just don't bash others who don't trust Bush as easily as you do.

Yeah, oil powers the world - for now. What's going to happen when it runs out? Oil is Bush's business, that's why he's doing everything he can to make sure America has plenty of it. That's why he probably hasn't even read the whole Kyoto policy, cuz he knows it would not be profitable for his business ventures. Personally, I'd rather see a president in power who was more concerned about protecting the earths resources rather than racing to use them up as quickly as possible. There are other alternatives, you know.

Holding hands across America may not prevent another terror attack, but the Bush administration didn't stop it either. In fact, they may have contributed to it. I really hope they use every measure possible to prevent civilian deaths, but how can you trust these people that say this? I don't trust any of them because nobody has given any reason to do so. All I can do is hope they are telling the truth, but I'm sure you're well aware of America's ability to sweep their dirt underneath the carpet.

You guys could learn a lot from William Penwell. His posts are well thought out and are not biased in any way. You must have the capability to discern what is happening in the world, and weigh all of the pros and cons.

The fact of the matter is that any superpower would be a bully. That's what power does to greedy, selfish people. This country is looking towards a New World Order - it wants to dominate the whole planet. So what do you think they are doing to prepare for this? Establish their presence in different parts of the world would be a great guess for starters. Don't you see the big picture? Iraq is next, and after Iraq there will be another one - I bet you bottom dollar. It's not going to stop because the plan is to control the world!!

So yeah...if Sadaam is threatening the USA and other countries and not living up to the U.N. sanctions, then yes, he should be dealt with. However I don't feel this is the REAL reason for going over there, and that's my whole problem with the impending war. What's the rush? We've got tons of forces over there already and still no evidence found of WMD. Since we have tons of satellites up in space able to spy on anywhere in the world we want to, you would THINK maybe we had some satellite evidence, and that's what brought up the accusation...?? From what I've read, Sadaam didn't kick the inspectors out in 98, we PULLED them out, correct? Interesting. I just have a big problem whenever anyone lies to me - it's a personal pet peev, and that's what I feel is happening here. Nothing is adding up. All anyone can say is that he's evil because he went after Kuwait and he gassed the Kurds, all which happened a decade ago. The Gulf War took out a lot of his capabilities to make these weapons....I think the threat would be more of him getting weapons from someone else rather than them making them personally. At any rate, until evidence is produced I have a hard time supporting the war against Iraq.

I pay my taxes and I voted, but I don't support lives being lost just so a good 'ol boy from Texas can cash in on more oil profits. How anyone cannot see that is beyond me. Do a search on bush oil business and read for yourself.

cheers,

back2dafront

Edited by - back2dafront on 2 January 2003 23:35:17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit