Quit smoking crack...the USA is not a bully!

by dolphman 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

You seem to know a lot about drugs.

Next time I get some gas, I'll say a prayer of thanks to all the American boys in the desert risking their life for my 10 gallons of cheap gas.

You are proud that Americans are risking their lives and dying, along with our allies, just so you get cheap fuel? Why don't you drive a smaller vehicle or better yet car pool or take public transportation so that no American is in danger just so you get to have your fun?

I also know you sacrificed so much only to see all of us so unwilling to do the honor and job of doing the same ourselves. I'm ashamed.

So, when are you volunteering to enlist in the army to go do your part? It's a great honor, you know. I am sure Uncle Sam will be willing to ship you out to the desert so that you can help those boys who are risking their lives so that you continue to have cheap gas. I wonder how long a guy so in love with waving his dick around will last out there? See ya when ya get back! If you do.

Robyn, of the still can't find my glasses but will take Sarah's word for it class

Edited by - robdar on 2 January 2003 17:8:6

Edited by - robdar on 2 January 2003 17:13:23

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, Stalin was worse in the end than Hitler. However, Stalin wasn't attempting to take over the world at the time either. Mao was even worse.

I think the US has won the right to be on what you call a moral high horse any time it wants. If, say, Canada had done for freedom what we have been doing for the last 250 years, Canada could too. But it hasn't.

Nothing is as permanent as change. We may be the only superpower now, but that won't last. Why do you think China is buying and developing naval materiel and weaponry as fast as it can? To fight the Phillipines maybe? To take on the US Pacific Fleet, that's why. And when it gets strong enough to have an equal fight, we're going to war over Tiawan. Unless diplomacy works. Would I send my son to fight to keep Tiawan independent. Not by the hair on your ass.

China claims it will have a man in space soon. Why do you think they're going to do that? You watch. China will one day be a superpower greater than the US. Why? Because of the tendency of the oriental people to cooperate with each other. We don't have that. Exhibit A - infighting and interservice rivalry leading to a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. Have we learned our lesson from that? Hell no. Exhibit B - World Trade Center; Exhibit C - Vietnam.

Francois

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

WP said:

"I would rather see that we as humans put our Ideological differences aside and help bring in policies that would benefit all humankind."

I totally agree WP but there is one problem, there will always be Hitlers, Stalins, Mao's, Lennons, Saddams, Castros, Kims, UBLs. These men do not listen to reason. WP, what do you do with people like them? Allow them to build Nukes and oppress their own people. Allow them to dictate to the world? Somebody has to keep these people in Check. Who is the logical one to do so, the UN? The UN allows them to do whatever, left up to the UN, every country who wants to build Nukes would have them. The UN is a JOKE! The US is taking it upon itself to do what the UN will not do, put down totalitarian regimes before they get so powerful that the world has to appease them. Is that what you would like to see more appeasement for ruthless leaders like the Stalins, Hitlers, Kims and UBLs of the world?

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I don't know about anyone else but for the President of the United States to have repeatedly said at Republican fund raisers and other functions that the 9/11 tragedy was for him like winning the trifecta

Ok, IslandWoman, I'm not a huge Bush fan but I find it hard to believe that the President said that. Please tell me when I can find this quote. It should be easy because you stated that he said this "repeatedly."

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Not all that relevant, I know, but I feel like I should point out that the use of the word "Desert" was completely correct in the original post.

"Dessert" is an after dinner treat.

We're none of us perfect, but if you're going to attack someone's spelling as a counterpoint, it'd probably be a good idea to make sure you're correct.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Good point Sarah Annie,

And if I could find my glasses, I could read the dictionary. I guess I must be an old hippie smoking too much crack and hash. Time to try to find the specs and redo this thang.

Robyn

Back, I found them. Hah! You were right! I am so glad this happened. I got to laughing and now I can let this thread rest. Thanks!

Edited by - robdar on 2 January 2003 17:8:28

Edited by - robdar on 2 January 2003 17:20:33

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I do not have all the answers but we are at a point in history where the push of a few buttons and it will all be over, than who gives a F**** than who was right or wrong. Its only a matter of time that some crazy fanatics hide a nuke in a ship or vehicle and there goes a major city. It may not be 5, 10 or 15 years but it will happen. The same way experts were warning for years that there was an attack in the planning stages and then 9-11. Why?? Why does everyone hate the US so much?? Maybe it is time that the US gets off their high horse and starts talking to other foreign countries and find out why. Sure they can go around bulling others into what they want them to do but the hate will still be there. How can you stop a Bali night club bombing?? You can't. So we just go on escalating the situation well thousands and millions of innocent people are dying. So in the overall scheme of things what we are doing now is not working. We have to look at ourselves as human beings first, and the betterment of the human race, set aside our old superstitious ideologies, then will we have a world that our children and grandchildren can live without fear. I have to say though I doubt I will see this in my life time.

Will

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Why does everyone hate the US so much?? Maybe it is time that the US gets off their high horse and starts talking to other foreign countries and find out why.

There have always been and always will be countries that HATE the USA. Why? Because they can't stand the thought of people being free. Many world leaders are like the crappy dad that every neighborhood has. They treat their people/family like shi* and hate seeing the father/other leader caring for their family/people. Ok, maybe that's painted with a broad brush but I believe it to be true.

While I don't believe war in the answer in all cases, certain leaders and countries will not understand anything else. Do you honestly believe that the terrorist leaders of the world can be reasoned with? Do you really believe that a person who will strap a bomb to himself, hop onto a bus full of school kids and blow it up can be reasoned with? Do you believe that the leaders who train these people can be sat down and be reasoned with? No, they can't.

Just as Germany and Japan didn't become "responsible" nations until they had the crap kicked out of them, the same is true with North Korea and Iraq. The nuts in those countries need to be taken down hard and the people of those nations need to see how wrong those individuals are. It's just a shame how many will have to suffer for all this.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

China claims it will have a man in space soon. Why do you think they're going to do that? You watch. China will one day be a superpower greater than the US. Why? Because of the tendency of the oriental people to cooperate with each other. We don't have that. Exhibit A - infighting and interservice rivalry leading to a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. Have we learned our lesson from that? Hell no. Exhibit B - World Trade Center; Exhibit C - Vietnam.

Goddamn it, Francois - there you go, making sense again! Keep up the good work.

-- Mike

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Robyn, your edits and responses got me giggling...a good end reaction to a thread about such an inflammatory and sensitive subject.

Sara

(My Husband calls me a "Spelling Nazi")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit