Spirit in my house?

by Sirona 48 Replies latest jw friends

  • SpannerintheWorks

    Hi, Sirona,

    You visited Castlerigg Stone Circle a couple of days ago. Do you think that has anything to do with the strange

    goings-on in your house?



  • roybatty

    Why is it I chuckle when I read a post like this during the day but late at night, in my bed, I'm more of a believer?

  • unclebruce

    LOL Islandwoman!

    ***interesting point gently feral - island woman please note teenage boys are nutoriously bud spellers

  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

    I have experiance similar type of sensations when I am coming out of the sleep state.

    I woke up one morning to see the figure of a young boy standing looking at me. He was there for a split second then vanished. I wasn't afraid - it was just sort of wierd. He was standing as though his feet were on the floor but I couldn't see his legs because he stood where the bed was, to the side of me (sort of I could see his torso coming through the bedsheets, LOL). I went back to sleep. Although a ghostly encounter would frighten me normally, I've had many wierd interactions with ghosts and on this occasion things seemed ok.

    There is no mystery here but what you experienced here is what Doctors describe as Night Terrors. It is a sleep disorder like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I will attach a link to a web site that describes what you have experienced. "Many people see spiders, snakes, animals or people in the room, are unable to fully awake, difficult to comfort, with no memory of the event on awakening the next day."


  • wednesday

    I'v had encounters all my life, and my hubby and i have seen really unusal things at the same time ,

    also a coworker and i saw a ghosty figure while at work. My husband and i have both been touched by something unseen. Aparently whatever follows us around does not like to play tricks, i have never had TV's come on/off.They have treid to talk with us, they have tried to frighten us.

    I personally still believe it is demons, i know many do not accept that-but i don't feel "it" as friendly and always feel "it" as a bad presence. occ, "it" would start off friendly, but jif we refused jot talk jor acknowldge presence, "it" turned unfriendly.

  • ashitaka


    I read a lot about night terrors, and it would seem that most of the ghost/demon/alien appearances spring from ingorance about what night terrors are. I personally think that 95% of ghost/demon/alien appearances are medically explainable, and the other 5%, could be something a little weirder.


  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

    Well I have heard a lot of these stories but never had personal experiences. As far as seeing things or feeling strange presence, this can be done by mass hysteria. There is always a logical explanations for everything. This is just another way for religion to keep people in control out of fear and ignorance.


  • nakedmvistar

    I guess it's safer and less troubling on the subconcious to believe that everything can be explained logically. But many things aren't. We are specks of dust in this great universe and to believe we have all the answers is foolish. JW's tend to think this way....My family firmly believes they have all the answers because "god is on their side". This too is safer and less troubling on the subconcious...

  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

    No I don't believe God is on our side. We all have to empower ourselves and not be in fear of silly superstitions and myths.


  • nakedmvistar

    That's assuming that what you can't explain or measure with your trusty set of tape measures is myth and superstition. I try not to close my mind off to things or ideas which I cannot readily explain. I reserve judgement until all sides have been thoroughly investigated. Isn't that how many of us got to this forum?

Share this