What must I do to be saved?

by StinkyPantz 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Yizuman,

If I understand you, when Adam "sinned" 6000 years before I was born, he was separated from God (according to the bible, God caused the separation, no?) but God wanted to restore their relationship - so after 4000 years of strange laws and random genocide on God's part, he sent his beloved son to die a horrible, painful and humiliating death in order to pay some sort of ransom (to himself?). But that wasn't enough. In order for this ransom to work, we have to believe without evidence that this bizarre series of events happened. God wants us to be "saved" but has somehow made the rules for being saved so arbitrary and unlikely that the majority refuse to believe them on the grounds that they are palpably absurd. Refusal to believe is apparently the only sin worth of punishment. And the punishment is eternal torture.

Is this a reasonable summary or am I missing something?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Funky,

I;ve never heard a more concise definition.

ash

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Salvation is waking up from the trance you've been in all your life, to realise that you've been sitting in a leaking boat, and grabbing the lifevest that's been sitting under your seat the whole time.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Insanity is waking up from the trance you've been in all your life, to realise that you've been sitting in a leaking boat (or so you imagine, in your half awake state), and grabbing the lifevest that's been sitting under your seat the whole time.

Sanity is waking fully up, and then calmly stepping out into the ankle deep water and getting on with life.

*kicks water into the boat*

• starfish422
    starfish422

I'm with Funkyderek and the others who said, Saved from what?? That was my first thought as well.

undercover: LMAO!!!!! Thanks, that was a good one. :)

SixofNine: Hooray! Excellent, excellent, excellent.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    funkyderek - If I understand you, when Adam "sinned" 6000 years before I was born, he was separated from God (according to the bible, God caused the separation, no?) but God wanted to restore their relationship - so after 4000 years of strange laws and random genocide on God's part, he sent his beloved son to die a horrible, painful and humiliating death in order to pay some sort of ransom (to himself?). But that wasn't enough. In order for this ransom to work, we have to believe without evidence that this bizarre series of events happened. God wants us to be "saved" but has somehow made the rules for being saved so arbitrary and unlikely that the majority refuse to believe them on the grounds that they are palpably absurd. Refusal to believe is apparently the only sin worth of punishment. And the punishment is eternal torture.

No, sin caused the seperation.

He paid the random not for Himself, but for us and it became more than enough. All the sacrifices of lambs have become no longer neccessary for He is the first and last sacrifice for all time.

1 Corinthians 15:17
    And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.
    (Whole Chapter: 1 Corinthians 15 In context: 1 Corinthians 15:16-18)

Hebrews 11:1
    Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
    (Whole Chapter: Hebrews 11 In context: Hebrews 11:1-2)

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

No one can make you believe anymore than I or God can make you believe. There is a few good books that is more in depth for you to read, one was written by a former hard bitten athiest who became a believer after examining the biblical evidence by secular sources. The name of the books is called, "A Case for Christ", " God's Outrageous Claims" and "The Case for Faith" written by Lee Strobel. They're really worth a read if you want to get a view point from one who was an athiest and what evidences he found that made him believe.

Yizuman

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Stinkypantz... may you have peace!

I have been directed by the spirit of my Father, the Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies, by means of His Son and Christ, to say to respond to your questions:

do I actually have to believe in God in order to be saved?

Not exactly. It is His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA (Jah Saves) MISCHAJAH (chosen of Jah) in whom you must believe. For you cannot hear, see... or KNOW God... unless you hear, see and KNOW that One.

Can't I just be a good person?

Depends on your definition of "good". And if your definition is the same as God and Christ's ("Matthew 5:43-48), then yes, that would suffice to save you. However, it would save you only as far at the Courtyard of the Gentiles... as a guest at the marriage feast... versus the Court of Israel... and a member of the BRIDE of the wedding party.

Matthew 25:34-40

Both choices, however, require FAITH. For the first, I give you the faith of Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc. For the latter, I give you the faith of Rahab, who, although NOT an Israelite, NOT under the Law Commandment and, in fact, living in opposition to it (as a prostitute)... saved herself... AND her entire household... by means of EXERCISING faith... in that she DID something: she hid the spies, even though it meant putting her own life and that of her household's at risk. Why did she do this? Because she had FAITH in the abilities of the God of Israel... based on what she had HEARD about Him. Thus, due to that faith, she "did good" TO Israel, Christ's brothers in the flesh.

Are there certain specific requirements?

Yes. And although I could tell you, quote the scriptures/verses... I leave it to you "seek" for yourself, starting with Matthew 22:37-40. After that, I am directed to direct you to:

Isaiah 58:6-14

Matthew 5:43-48

John 6:48-56

John 7:37, 38

John 5:39, 40

If you can "get the sense" of these... the rest is a piece of cake. Truly. For all that would be left would be for you to "ask":

Luke 11:13

If, then, you are "thirsiting"... and thus, sincere in your wanting to know, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH... of Armies... and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord... be upon you... and may you hear and respond to the invitation extended to YOU, to:

"Come! Take "life's water"... free!"

Revelation 22:17

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

There are at least three (3) ways to be saved:

• trevor
    trevor

In these difficult times the only relatively safe way to be saved is to place oneself in a deposit account with a large bank. You will attract a low rate of interest but enjoy a measure of security.

• meadow77
    meadow77

SP-I am from Wichita too, maybe you would like to meet sometime. I am a christian. I could possibly help with some questions you might have. Or maybe we could just be friends. No converting pressure, but if you have some questions that I could answer, I would be happy to do so.

• gumby
    gumby

Yizuman,

John 8:24
    I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am I claim to be>, you will indeed die in your sins." The choice is yours.

The choice is to those who have a choice ........at least

Did you know that most have never had the choice? Ask how many muslims, or budhists, or other Eastern religions what they KNOW about Jesus to ......."make a choice". They perhaps may have heard of him but he is no more than what muhammed or buddah is to us..........someone of no importance for salvation.Did you say the choice is up to ALL of us? They don't even KNOW the man.

What God would MAKE you believe in him, threatens you with obeidience or he will kill you? Would you kill your kid if he went his OWN way? Why would God do that who created US in HIS image?

Actually your asking us to believe in bible writers more than Jesus since they claim it's a true story. Too bad someone other than Jewish zealots did'nt leave behind somethin about Jesus for us to know he was real. Gee....you would have thought someone would have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit