So I was enjoying a business trip in down town Bangkok...............Next thing BANG!!!

by cantleave 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

So Last night I was having a wonderful meal in a very nice restaurant when we heard what we thought was a loud clap of thunder.................

It was a bomb. Yards from my hotel. Thankfully I made a few decision that meant I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. I decided not to check in before going to the restaurant. I decided not to walk, but accepted a lift (I would have been walking the street where bomb went off at the time it went off), and a decision had been made to eat in the restaurant and not the Hotel.

So if I was religious, would I have put those events down to coincidence, or be praising my sky daddy for looking after me??

I have now booked a hotel away from the down town area and will continue my trip.

The Thai people are among the most hospitable, friendly people you are ever likely to meet, what we thought was just a thunder clap has in an instant ruined the lives of some of these wonderful people. I hate terrorists who target civilians in this way.

A few minutes before............

• krejames
    krejames
    Oh wow! You are lucky. Been seeing the footage of this on the news. Terrifying! I'm glad you're safe.
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    My daughter just got back from Bangkok two days ago. She said she had an amazing holiday and that the people were lovely as you said. Glad you are ok.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Glad you are ok. So far 16 dead? Terrible. I'm not even sure what the point was. is it over the military still in charge? As if doing this would make them WANT to relinquish power?

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Good to read you suffered no harm! Bombs are the ultimate tool for the ultimate coward.
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, glad you're ok, AngR☑

• cantleave
    cantleave

All is peaceful this morning......

• millie210
    millie210

Seeing your beautiful pictures makes it all seem very real.

I am so glad you are ok cantleave.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Glad you are OK, that was a bit too close for comfort.

So sad for those who were affected.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Yes I agree LisaRose. The look of shock on my colleagues faces as it dawned on us what had happened was so saddening. Most live in the area and were obviously worried about friends and family, but their first thought was for me and what I was going to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit