Which Watchtower teachings lack logic?

by sleepy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Good point DIM...........just another nail in the coffin of the "invisible return" doctrine..........

• Happy
    Happy

Skeptic,

You make some excellent points. I would like to say "I especially like ........" but since they are all excellent points, I can't pick.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Happy

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

The universal sovereignty issue lacks logic IMHO - that the terrible times we live in (according to the WTBS) are proof that mankind cannot manage its own affairs without the direction of God - that after Adam's "fall", God allowed Adam (and thereafter his offspring) to live and die in pain and agony to proove that God's way is the only way mankind can live without destroying itself. BUT isn't Satan supposed to be in charge of this system of things (sorry to use that phrase folks!) So when has mankind been given the chance to see if we can work things out for ourselves, without Satan getting in the way and buggering up our best laid plans?

The issue of universal sovereignty is not being properly tested according to their own logic. To do the thing properly we first need a period of time when Satan is in control, then a period of time when mankind gets the control, and then if both of those don't work then God can step in restore paradise etc etc....

Hope you have a good 2003 Sleepy, good luck with that inner peace thing. I enjoy your posts.

ig.

• ISP
    ISP

IMO..........religion/belief....doesn't have to follow patterns of logic. The WTS' belief system could be illogical and it wouldn't bother me if it was true. You could also be attracted to some neat logical belief system that was crap just the same. Would it be any better?

I'd prefer to make my own dreams.

ISP

• sleepy
    sleepy

Lots of good replies, made me want to phone up all my JW "friends" and ask how they can be so stupid.

Thanks skeptic,never thought of this one before,

"Independent thinking is wrong."

What other kind of thinking is there?? If you are not thinking independently, you are not thinking.

Iggy fishy,

I remmeber giving an answer in the book study once, saying just what you said about giving Satan time then just man then God etc.Everyone just looked at me funny.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Happy_Guy_Of_Goodness,

You make some excellent points. I would like to say "I especially like ........" but since they are all excellent points, I can't pick

Thank you for the compliment!

Welcome to the board. You are a Senior Member already? WOW! Good work!

sleepy,

Thanks skeptic,never thought of this one before,

Thank you for the compliment as well.

Richard

Edited by - Skeptic on 1 January 2003 18:36:41

• ballistic
    ballistic

Ilogical belief:

That carniverous animals who's entire makeup is clearly built to kill will learn to eat grass.

• breeze
    breeze

Their constant insistance on the c hronology of the timing of the end...1914 - 607BC...all of which needs a lot of faith and a lttle math?

The idea that only JW's would survive the end....like no one else could be r ighteous enough to add up to GOD'S expectations.

religion needs no logic....just incredible amounts of faith...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit