Which Watchtower teachings lack logic?

by sleepy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Which Watchtower teachings lack logic?

I know you're all tempted to say all of them, but some beliefs if the facts were true, would be logical.

Which ones that are supposed to be a logical consequence of a true fact are in fact not logical whether the fact is true or not?

For an example of logical belief based on untrue or unprovable fact , if God created Adam and all humans came from him,(supposed fact) he could pass on defects in his genes to all humans and we could all be "imperfect".This we could call logical.

A watchtower belief that lacks logic is for example Jw's who go through Armageddon or die and are ressurected to earth are not perfect but still have another test to go through, yet those who die and that go to heaven are perfect straight away and require no further testing.

So which teachings are based on beliefs that are not true and which ones are just not logical?

• Scully
    Scully

Oh my...... where do you begin??

The blood doctrine uses the premise that "life is symbolized by blood" therefore "blood is sacred". But if the thing that is the symbol is "sacred" is not the thing it symbolizes - life - even MORE sacred??

Love, Scully

• Farkel
    Farkel

You mean like these:

Love is not jealous.
    God is a jealous God.
    Therefore, God is a God of love.

Snakes have no vocal chords and can't talk.
    Demons are invisible and can't talk to humans.
    Therefore, an invisible demon can make a snake talk.

Having a nasty temper and killing people when one loses it is wrong and shows no love.
    God has a nasty temper and kills people.
    Therefore, God is a God of love.

Punishing children for the sins of their forefathers is wrong.
    God has pushined all children for the sins of their forefathers.
    God is always right.

Telling someone something is wrong and then doing the same thing yourself is hypocritical.
    God does many things he tells us not to do.
    God is never hypocritical.

Farkel

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Seems like it would be easier to answer the question: Which Watchtower beliefs are logical?

Country Girl

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

there is no doubt at all.

All people now living and before the big A will be witnessed to ( IN SOME FORM ).

Judgement hit coming, all have a chance to decide before then, eternal cutoff, complete unscriptural and un humane rubbish, must and will be changed soon im certain.

Damb my ears still ringin from the pyro's tonight ! We have the best damb city and people in the world !

Oi Oi Oi !!!

Post-it note : Im sick, i mean disgusted in all the WT bullcrap ! New year, turn leaf, reform hardcore or die trying !

Even one, even if i can save one..........

• no one
    no one
    A watchtower belief that lacks logic is for example Jw's who go through Armageddon or die and are ressurected to earth are not perfect but still have another test to go through, yet those who die and that go to heaven are perfect straight away and require no further testing.

Interesting how the argument is that Adam and Eve were created perfect because all God's works are perfect, and here they are saying that billions will be re-created imperfectly after Armageddon.

• reporter
    reporter

"Millions now living will never die"

"Discipline and mental regulating of Jehovah"

"Jehovah is a manly person of war"

"Two witnesses" Unless the sex crime is a menage-a-trois, it is impossible to obtain

you are either at the "table of Jehovah" or the "table of demons"

The most logical one:

"Religion is a snare and a racket"

Edited by - reporter on 31 December 2002 11:31:50

Edited by - reporter on 31 December 2002 11:34:11

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

The miss- application of the principles in Matt 18 . They wont accept forensics as a "second witness". This not only applies to sex crimes .

Lets say you are receive a warning letter (or cease and desist type order) from a Bro or Sister, through a lawyer or court. And you know that this is just a ploy or some legal wrangling this person is using to keep you off balance. You have done nothing to warrent a Civil warning.

So you take it for what it's worth from "Ceasar". Now the person who requested this order will have you arrested if you try to approach them about the Order or anything else. They have shunted your ability to "gain" them back using Bible principles.

Plus, the person requesting the Order has essentially lied to get the order, and caused you to be in bad light by advising others about it's existence.

Now in my mind we have a situation where one that would require this to be aired out to the "older men".

This is were the WT Logic looses me.

SO- you request a meeting with the brothers and the accuser . The Elder's refuse to call the other person to the meeting? Why? YOU can't produce "two witnesses". "To what", you ask, "The fact that I don't deserve a letter, or that I've been falsly accused using the mechanisms of "Ceasar" by a Spritual sibling?"

"Can YOU prove you didnt do what the legal document warns you off? Do you have two witness that will state that you didnt do "x,y or z"

"No", you say, " The issue is that this person asked for this legal document against me. This is an accusation by implication"

"Well do you have two witnesses" says the Sheperd. "To what- the point is by requesting a lawyer and judge to produce this document against me, with out any substantiotion or discusion with me this person has wrondged me by manipulation of the legal system" To which he replies " True, but we are not discussing a civil matter."

Of course you may know that this will continue into a never ending circle by know.

The issue is that the document itself is the "two witnesses" the person had to instigate it by asking a legal representives to prepare and process it. Even a "warning letter' from a parties lawyer involves the act of asking for it (and if its based on a false asking for it is a Lie).

Bottom line-- Logic is a relative thing

God is a God of Order.... the WT has even ( in their defence) allowed a system that could work on occasion. The Problem is the MEN who are placed in power by the PUBLISHING Company do not Minister to the sheep. THE Watchtower system corrupts the word of God- MT 18 is not to judge or convict to to adjust the thinking of an erring one. THE Watchtower "Logic" allows MEN who dont really understand Jesus' ransom to convict and if they can't get a "slam dunk" they tell you to "let god handle it".

• rebel
    rebel

Being told that all the letters in the NT only applied to the heavenly class - and I wasn't one of 'em!

xxR

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

oh yeh i remembered, that absolute evil begotten, betrayal of christ, loin cloth wearing, facist reakin' and fraudulent humbug yackety-yak, yak rot about community responsibility .

Any one know what im on about here ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit