Which Watchtower teachings lack logic?

by sleepy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance
    For an example of logical belief based on untrue or unprovable fact , if God created Adam and all humans came from him,(supposed fact) he could pass on defects in his genes to all humans and we could all be "imperfect".This we could call logical.

I never did get this one. If you cut my finger off and I have children it doesn't mean my children will be missing a finger. Adam could only pass on defects after he sinned supposedly, so isn't it the same thing? Makes no sense to me. Maybe you could straighten out my thinking.

• rebel
    rebel

ChrisVance,

The 'Live Forever' book gave the example of a baking tin. If it was dented - all the cakes would have a dent shape in them.....so logical?????

xxR

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

The FDS "class" -- the collective whole "feeds" each individual, anointed member. Do you know any JW who can explain how this is actually suppose to work? Also, there's only 1 slave in the illustration in Matt., how then do they get 2 slave classes out of 1 slave?

• sleepy
    sleepy

ChrisVance

If we are all desendants of Adam then we are made of variants of whatever DNA was in Adam sperm,so technically he was able to pass on defects to all his desendants.

Either God made Adams sperm "imperfect" or the act of sining made it so.

• Ed
    Ed

• Satan and the demons cannot read your mind
    • Phenomena such as mind-reading and telepathy are caused by demons
  • heathen
    heathen

Some interesting comments . Hillbilly- are you saying that the WT exspects you to have 2 witnesses to varify your innocence? so you are saying that 2 people can conspire against you but you need to prove you are innocent rather than them having to prove you are guitly? Another interesting point made was that of the resurection.Now the WT teaches that people who die have their sins forgiven so when they start out they are not imperfect but apparently alot of them choose to side with satan a second time according to revelation and are destroyed in the second death.Revelation does say however that the 2nd resurrection happens after the thousand year period and their concept of people being resurrected through out the the thousand year period does not make sense either .

Edited by - heathen on 31 December 2002 12:43:34

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The Society teaches two different ways of salavation.John 3:16, 5:24, 10:28, and other verses which speak about having "eternal life"are said to apply only to the 144,000 "heavenly class".And they obtain this life without going from door to door but simply because they became Jehovah's Witnesses before 1935. While the 'other sheep',the earthly class,can receive eternal life only after the Millennium,and only if they "endure to the end"! Why do the 'elite' gain eternal life sp easily,yet the 'other sheep' have to work so hard for their salavation?This teaching is unscriptual and lacks logic.

Example:If the teaching is true that only 144,000 persons will go to heaven,I would like to know how there could possibly be any openings left when Charles T. Russell came upon the scene in 1880?The book of Acts mentions at least 100,000 people saved,and this was only the beginning of the growth of Christianity. Estimates have it that there were at least 250,000 Jews in the early church,not counting the thousands of Gentiles.Also there were over 250,000 martyrs who would surely be included in the 144,000.

In the Watchtower book "The Finished Mystery"1917,Charles T. Russell said there were 861,000 martyrs.It seems obvious (logical) that these openings would all have been filled in the Apostolic age or shortly thereafter. Blueblades

• rebel
    rebel

I have often wondered about Revelation verses 20 and 21. The order of things happening is not the order the WT Society uses. But then again, I am beginning to wonder about a lot of things, including the Bible.

xxR

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Heathen-- thats the way I understand what I've been told. The fact is the whole judical system they use is wishy washy.

They make what they do fit the circumstances they are in at the time. And Never, never make the mistake of confusing a Elder with the "facts" in any matter they investigate. And never try to read THEM a direct quote from the WATCHTOWER about how their system should work.

Sorry boys- If your boss gives you marching orders (FLOCK BOOK) you are obligated to use them-----"Rules of Engagment" so to speak... Levels the playing feild for all parties.... besides if you follow the BIBLE you know that this process isnt to "convict" or shun but to recover ones soul or spirit....

Watchtower Teachings eh? Don't get me started on doctrin, dogma or twisted scritpure......that dont make sense. "BLOOD" in componets its fine--take it whole without a court battle and God will Kill ya after we decide you dont want to be a JW anyway (the remote control, "well thats we thought you wanted", DA process)

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

LOL @ Farkel and Ed....brilliant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit