Naughty..

• LB
    LB
    LB,

Now you are on top.

Love a woman that's flexable

• rem
    rem

Sometimes people need a little tough love. I would say the same thing to my best friend. Not the first time, mind you, but if it was the same story over and over again and my friend refused to apply good advice, then yes I believe tough love is appropriate.

We've all been down and out before. This year was the worst of my life and I reached out to this board for support. I got it and it helped me to move on and now I'm doing much, much better. Friends and acquaintances can be a great help, but only you can make the choice to be successful and pull yourself up from your bootstraps. If had relied on other people to make me happy, I would not be doing so well today.

Gil will find his inner strength someday (hopefully). But I agree that his problems are beyond cyberhugs. He needs to take a good hard look at why his life is the way it is and make some drastic changes. Perhaps some Real Life tm friends can help him on his journey of self discovery and self improvement. He needs to change because the rest of the world certainly isn't going to change to make his life easier.

rem

Edited by - rem on 30 December 2002 22:31:16

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Jesika,

How can I say this with tact? Forgive me if it sounds bad, it is not meant to. Ok, with that said - since you have the looks and shape to work as a striper - seriously, have you thought of applying for a modeling job. One that is legit - like posing for store advo's that run in newpapers and mags? Or posing for store catalog sale books? Just another idea, certainly not intended to offend you in any way.

NewLight2

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Gil, I hear the Hilton is looking for someone...never been the same since the King died..maybe you can do good impersonations...offcourse you may have to gain 200 pounds?

Hope things get better for you soon tho...good luck

• Jesika
    Jesika

Newlight,

It is very hard to offend me hon, I was a stripper for 6yrs so I take most things with a grain of salt. I must admit I was a little worried when you started your post, but I take it as a compliment---thank you.

I was a child model and didn't care for it much. I recently took my son to interview at a legit modeling agency/school. I don't have the $ to put him in the school, which is unfortunate cause they have a limited amount they accept. I wouldn't mind trying it again as an adult (my focus is on my son really in that field), but getting a portfolio together isn't cheap. I would like to do something like that, but for now it is only a thought.

Jesika

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Glad I didn't offend you, Jesika. I really hope you can find something soon, 'cause I know how depressing it is not to have enough money to live on. My job is in sales by the phone and with all the "do-not-call" lists being put on the law books, things get tougher every day for me.

NewLight2

• animal
    animal

NewLight... was that you I hung up on 25 times last week?

Animal

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

"NewLight... was that you I hung up on 25 times last week?"

Animal,

Nope. I've been on Christmas vacation during December.

• Marcos
    Marcos

Gil,

I have posted to you before and sent you e-mails. I do understand some of what you are going through. But I must ask you,

Are you having us on?

I just would like to know if you are really having problems or if you are enjoying the attention you generate. I have no intention of belittling you. However, a few people have come on this board just to provoke reactions. Give us a clue because if you are using the board for amusement it is cruel and a waste of everyones time.

Now, I have followed most of your posts. One thing that sticks out in my mind is that you mentioned that you do not get along with people. Well, you are almost 30 years old (if memory serves). Get a grip. Suck it up and begin to relate to people in a constructive manner even if it hurts.

You might consider something that has worked well for me personally in developing patience and people-skills. That is, take a job as a waiter. Doing this, you HAVE to treat the customer with respect and kindness even the hard-to-deal-with ones. The downside is that your feet will hurt and you will take a lot of crap. The upside is that, if you learn to serve your customer well, you can make more tips in one night than you would make in salary as a cab driver in a week. 20 years ago, I averaged $100 a night in tips in a small to medium city. Las Vegas should be much better. Chances of getting a job should be good because it is usually a high-turnover business. And, it is easy to learn with the possible exception of the high-end restaurants and banquets.

This is something you could start tomorrow morning! You may be suffering now from depression and inertia. Get up early and go out and get a job tomorrow. You can probably even keep your one-day a week as a cabbie.

It is obvious that the people here care about you. Keep talking to us but dont play with us.

Respectfully Your Friend,

Marcos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit