More Venting

by gilwarrior 50 Replies latest jw friends

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Gil,
    I've been depressed at times, too, about no one wanting to hire me, so I know what it feels like not to have a job - or one that is almost not a job. Maybe the boss at the cab company doesn't think people will like you or something. Why not try and build-up your own client base. Make up business-sized "cards" on one 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. Go to a local copy machine (5 cents per sheet) and make some copies. Then begin to pass these out to people you meet at random - in a hotel lobby, bar, etc. Have your name on it and the cab company's phone number. Tell the people to "request" you as their cab driver. Even if you don't get to pick these people up, you will be creating a demand for your services in the bosses mind. He then will offer you more days of driving, thinking that "this guy is really popular with my customers".

Remember to put a smile on your face, even if it hurts to do so. Learn to hide your pain when out in public.

NewLight2

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Hey, that's a hell of an idea, I'm impressed. Ok, now I need to go read a book or something.

As a matter of fact, you can get free business cards on the net, just pay for shipping:

• LB
    LB

Rev I agree and did my post look like an attack to you? I simply was trying to let gil know how he comes off here. In many of his previous posts I've offered what I felt was legitmate advise to him.

This time I told Gil he needs to help himself. I stand by that. He has been his own worst enemy since his move to Vegas. Gil has the power to do well for himself. I think Gil's past the point of getting any real benefit from a cyber hug right now. He needs to take care of business.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

No, it didn't look like an attack LB, that's why I didn't say it was :)

I was just speaking in general.

By the way, I read your DA letter to the Elders. How's that working out for you? They giving you any trouble?

• Solace
    Solace

Rev said,

"And of course, as my momma always said "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", and sometimes I think this board needs a big dose of my momma."

I just HAD to quote you on that.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Ok, I wasn't trying to be rude or shut him out. I am glad he found this site and through it was able to meet some good people in his city.

Maybe it is my own frustration coming out since I have been looking so hard and can't find work, and I don't want to strip again. I was offered a job at a club I went to recently and it was very tempting.

Gil, forgive me for coming across the way I did. I am sorry. I should have shown more compassion, and I am sorry at the way I chose to word myself to you. Friends?

Rev------you are right, I should have thought about what I was saying. I should have known better considering my own issues I deal with too. Not everyone deals in the same way and for that I am sorry.

I do still stand by what I said about writting his feeling down would be a good thing (outlet), and think anyone should do something to change their own situation.

Newlight------What a GRAND idea!!!!!!!!! Good advise (wish I woulda thought of that).

Jesika

edited to add-------

LOL @ LB and just when I was gonna get out of your way. LOL btw thanx

Edited by - jesika on 30 December 2002 22:7:35

• LB
    LB

The DAing has worked out Rev. Actually since it was announced I've spoken more to JW's than before it was announced. Funny how that works out. Also my son has only had one elder speak to him about me. He asked my son how I was doing and my son said "great" and the elder moved on.

I think my threat to sue anyone involved with cutting my son off from me was taken very seriously. It should be taken seriously. I hope the little lurkers from my area repeat this message too.

I will take anyone that tries to cut my son off from me to court and I will make it my new hobby!!!

Hi Heaven, I see you just above me great view

• LB
    LB

Oops, that was Jeskia, great view regardless

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I think my threat to sue anyone involved with cutting my son off from me was taken very seriously

LB - This is the reason why I asked about it. I thought the fact that you stated you'd 'single them out' was brilliant. I don't think it'll be worth the hassle for them. It's one thing to have the congregation sued, but it's another to have to go through that alone. Great thinking!

Jes - We all have our days, and I'm certainly no expert on tact :)

I'd give Gil a job myself, but what I do won't work out in Vegas, I've tried :(

and it's very demanding work, not really anything for someone already in a tight spot, since it's commission only, great money though for the right area.

And Heaven - I mean that, I can picture my mom coming in here slapping us all around, she'd have us in line in no time flat!

• Solace
    Solace

Jes,

I understand you totally. After you mentioned that you have been out of a job, your reaction makes perfect sense. I hope you are able to find something soon. I just love your style, you are a tough one and also very sweet. I guess you have to be in order to survive what you have lived through.

Take care hun.

LB,

Now you are on top.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit