More Venting

by gilwarrior 50 Replies latest jw friends

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Right now I am really mad and depressed. In my job as a cab driver, I have only working one day out of the last six! I have to get another job. However, finding a job is so hard! I don't know what I am going to do.

I feel like taking drastic steps like stealing. I don't have any friends or family around me and it is driving me nuts! I think that I have no choice but to steal. Every job I get ends up being a nightmare. I can't take this!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Get a freakin life. This isn't goddamn Les Miserables.....

Why don't you pawn your computer for some cash

• ISP
    ISP

I thought Cab driving was at its best at this time of year...i.e. Xmas/New Yr. One day out of six is too little. What gives?

Stealing is not the answer. You'll end up getting caught, prison etc.

ISP

• shera
    shera

Life is hard Gil,sometimes harder for some.Its also what we make it.

I think you need to do some deep soul searching and take a look at what you are doing.

I don't mean this as an attack to you.

Take care and I hope things gets better!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Why don't you call the private industry counsel in your area. They help train people for different careers. Or, look in your paper and train to be a truck driver, in a few months you'll be making a grand or so a week. Alot of trucking companies train for free, or send you to school for free. Might be worth a try since you drive for a living anyway.

Then if you really must, you'll have access to all sorts of stuff to steal, hahaha

KIDDING (sorry)

• COMF
    COMF
    Every job I get ends up being a nightmare.

There's a clue in this.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Go ahead and steal, but make it big so it's worth while. While you're doing time you could work your way up to cell manager, marry the bosses daughter and retire on your take once you're out. Hell, that's not as bad as signing up with Uncle Sam to do time in Iraq!

caveman

• Francois
    Francois

How 'bout going to technical school and learning a trade of some kind? Preferably you'll chose one that keep you inside year round and not out in the heat or out in the snow.

Get a low-voltage license and make $30.00 an hour installing computer networks. It CAN be done.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Gil,

It is time to find something that you love to do as work. What are your talents, your hobbies? Are you a repressed artist? What's going on in that head of yours?

Instead of stealing (karma is a bitch), find an honorable profession.Take a long look at who you are. I do not mean to sound harsh, but you have to think about what your desires and needs are in order to find something that you are successful at. When you find out what you want in life, find a way to get it. Not only will you have less stress in your life, you will actually earn money.

Whatever you decide to do, keep busy. You have way too much time on your hands if you are thinking about stealing.

Robyn

• Jesika
    Jesika

Ok, don't take this the wrong way.............but is anyone else getting tired of this??

Good grief, you live in vegas for Chirst sake!!!!!!!!!! If you moved their seeking a "dream job" well wake up hon! I am sure you could find a job if you weren't here on the computer complaining about needing another one. I am sure their are lots of dishes in vegas that need washing or being on the clean up crew after some clubs close. With as many tourists that go to vegas there is always the need for people to wait on these people and need people to clean up as well. Not exactly the best job in the world, but it is better than stealing.

What kind of sense does that make? You are having a hard time so you are gonna steal from someone to make them have a hard time? Oh please!!! If that is the way you come across to people I wouldn't hire you either!

I am not trying to be cold about your situation, but ever since you have been on this board you complain more than anything. I can remember 1 thread you started that was positive. You are the only one that can change your situation, so get off the computer and bring us some good news for a change. Go get another job, and if you choose to steal, well, I hope you get caught!!!!!!!!!

Jesika

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit