Did you hear Stewart use the bible to prove an incredibly good point to Jackson!!

by umbertoecho 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I thought at the end, Stewart made brilliant use of scripture (about establishing fornication or other sexually immoral practises) How, in such a clever way Stewart used scripture to point out that some one could basically stake out someone's house to see if a person stayed over night be they homosexual or heterosexual............that on the basis of a sort of stakeout, the two witness rule was ambivalent yet it prevailed. Due to sufficient suspicion.

And therefore why did this "suspicion" not prevail with child sexual abuse

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    back in the day elders used to stakeout. i think now they've been unofficially asked not to. i'm sure it still happens once in a while.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Agreed, just posted same on another thread!

KERPOW!

Angus 1

Jackamo 0

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Also, one thing they have not brought up is the total INAPPROPRIATENRSS of 2 untrained ol guys pouring over the details of a sexual assault PERIOD.In a letter Nevermind in person.

Its come up again and again survivors tell stories of men in jc getting off on it.

AN NO F#'#"";" HEADSHIP HAS NOT STOOD THE TEST OF TIME ITS BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF OVER AN OVER AS THIS RC PROVES

• just fine
    just fine
    It still does happen, it happened to a relative of mine about a year ago. I told them to call the police and file stalking charges. The sheriff did come out and chase the father- son elder team away.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Stewart also did a fine job of talking about how the woman raped in the field did not have two witnesses and yet her assailant was stoned to death, so the Bible already has examples that violate JW rules.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

There will be no women elders in this system, but I must say Jackson handle

himself well . He did make the point they are open to changes and isn't

that is what it is all about, drop the two witness crap.

• Scully
    Scully

James Mixon:

[Jackson] did make the point they are open to changes...

That's another lie. There's no way they are going to drop the two eyewitness rule. They aren't even inclined to accept DNA or forensic evidence as alternatives to physical eye witnesses.

They are open to changes, but only in terms of what the word Generation™ means.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Stewart is doing an amazing job from what I hear. Why to go.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    matt 18:16. Deut 19:15.. Angus said "can I draw your attention to Deut 22:23-27, if Jesus had been asked about child abuse would he not have quoted this scripture instead". Well I could have answered that & I`m an idiot. So why the hell couldn't JeffJack?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit