Did you hear Stewart use the bible to prove an incredibly good point to Jackson!!

by umbertoecho 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    It's "heartwarming" to hear Jackson's willingness to make changes in their policy in view of all the shortcomings that are coming to light however it is only happening because they are being shamed into it. Had these victims not come forward and had this commission not been formed, it would be business as usual for the Watchtower organization in terms of how they wield their authority autonomously .
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

I changed my mind, I don't feel sorry for the SOB. He is a A-HOLE.....

"I have met people who have walked away and there is no problem", you

lying sack of Sh--t.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    James: "I have met people who have walked away and there is no problem"

Well, he is half right.

The problem often only occurs once that bad person wants to return. Then they have to face a Judicial Hearing to get back in...and they could be disfellowshipped at that point. And have to sit in the back row for a year or so...whatever those oh so wise elders decide.

And, I too, know people who have faced "no problems". My father for one. And my older brother. Both inactive - faded. But never a problem.

My mother was disfellowshipped for "unChristian like behavior". She worked in a bar. Two elders went in the bar and watched her at work. My sister was put on probation by the elders for a year after she was raped.

• jhine
    jhine

I've been wondering for a while does Angus the Amazing have any religious beliefs ? He does seem to have a real grasp on the Bible and the way JWs interpret it and an understanding that a literal interpretation is'nt always necessary and that the org do use their interpretation to trap people . ( Breath )

OR would an association with a faith group make him ineligible to work for the Commission in this capacity ?

Jan

• username
    username

Jackson said "we are open to change," what he should have said is we will make changes pending the findings of the Royal Commission.

What I have heard so far is the sort of crap that you will find in the FAQ section of JW.borg. Only a massive financial penalty will force the watchtower to change and I do hope the commission recommend that this will be the only option.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Scully - "There's no way they are going to drop the two eyewitness rule."

Agreed.

This just reinforces my suspicion that they'd end up having to expose, remove, and disfellowship too many "qualified" guys for the individual congregations to be able to function.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jhine: I've been wondering for a while does Angus the Amazing have any religious beliefs ? He does seem to have a real grasp on the Bible and the way JWs interpret it and an understanding that a literal interpretation isn't always necessary and that the org do use their interpretation to trap people .

I think it is more the case that Angus is an excellent lawyer. The Bible is just a tiny little book compared to the years of reearch and knowledge that he has tucked away inside his brain. Becoming a lawyer requires skills far beyond Jackson's mental capacity.

Deconstructing archaic Biblical law is not hard for people who have soooo much more education and knowledge than Jackson has. My gawd - Jackson dropped out of school at 15!

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    The part I've love the most was when Jackson tried to point the bible page number to Stewart and Stewart went "I've already have it!"
  • jhine
    jhine

Orphan Crow , I'm absolutely agree about Angus being an EXCELLENT lawyer and not so shabby at research .! I was just pondering about any possible religious beliefs he may ( or not ) have .It isn't relevant to his job here .

Jan

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Judges 4:4,5

4 Now Debʹo·rah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapʹpi·doth, was judging Israel at that time. 5 She used to sit under Debʹo·rah’s palm tree between Raʹmah and Bethʹel in the mountainous region of Eʹphra·im; the Israelites would go up to her for judgment.

Jackson was wrong that there is no Biblical president for Women to be part of Investigation & Judicial Committees.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit