GeeJay at the RC: highlights, paraphrases and translations.

by sparrowdown 42 Replies latest social humour

• troubled mind
    troubled mind
    Did anyone else noticed at the very beginning of the testimony Mr. Stewart highlighted the fact that Jackson left formal education at a very young age ,15, I believe ? Was this a precursor to make you wonder how someone of such minimal education became a translator and head over a religious organization ? It just struck a cord with me ....
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

TM

Good point to bring up about him being a translator.

Now I am a translator, that means I am proficient in two languages. In which languages does he translate?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Jeezus, Jackson isn't even a f**king high school graduate???
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes, and he was baptized at 13!

And yet, here's the kicker, at one point he talked about children being coached to lie about a parent during a divorce.

My WTF lightbulb moment at that point was -

So if a child has the potential to be such an unreliable witness, how could they be allowed to make a decision which would affect the rest of their lives ie bapstism!!

If a child could be coached to lie about a parent couldn't they also be coached about wanting to be baptized.

In the instance of abuse the child could be lying but in the instance of making a decision to become a JW the child knows exactly what they are doing??

You can't have it both ways Jackson. Do these people even hear themselves?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Jackson started on Apostate but was cut short. Anyone catch that??
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Jwfacts - yes, watch this space indeed!

Barry - yeah I noticed that too "...JWs aren't like other churches, we talk to each other....." that is until they dont,and they shun your arse from here to eternity.

Apostate - you make some solid points. GeeJay the glory hound - look out scooby doo!

• gda
    gda
    MY MY, all of us r getting so emotional, arn't we?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

James- yes I noticed that too. He was looking quite defeated and tired by the end.

He made the 6 O'clock news though, complete with soundbite. Mother must be so proud.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Gda - der, of course we are.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Tiki - yup, that should have been on front of the desk he was pontificating from - Major Superiority

Qzman - Guardians Of Doctrine, do they wear their undies on the outside of their tights?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit