Discussing the RC with a friend and my JW wife was listening.

by Driving Force 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

JM

What you say is true. You can only check to see if something is true or not true by checking all the facts. But JWs are oh so indoctrinated. We should not forget that if a JW checks the accuracy of anything, he/she is considered an apostate and will be punished. Most of them a victims.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

JWd

You mentioned some very interesting points. "Playing nice" and being fair is certainly the right thing to do. In your case you were walked all over, that is the same with me, but I shall not sink down to the same low depths the JWs do. My congregational status is fader. Not DF'd, not DA'd. Clearing my stand with the elders might well be a good idea, especially if I clearly state in my letter that I will do everything in my power to undermine the belief of my wife, extensibly also my child, this may cause the elders to coerce my wife into leaving me, which (as I am in Germany) will give me reason to bring criminal charges against the elders.

I shall give this more thought, thanks for expressing your ideas and feelings, I really appreciate that.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

LR

Nice thought, but as I am now apostate, in her opinion I have no rights to quote anything from the bible. And yes she is worried that I an right, but that does not excuse her actions. Thanks for your thoughts.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

freddo

It is a difficult ball game, my top concern is my daughter. My wife has chosen her course, but my daughter should not be confronted with this toxicity, unfortunately she is. She does need her mothers support, I do not try to get my daughter on my side, this would cause a loyalty conflict, and would be contra-productive. But this incident clearly demonstrates where the evilness lies. Thanks for your thoughts.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Dumplin

Nice, I like it, had to read it a fews times though.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

TE
    This RC hearing is a very good tool for all of us. It is with a member of the GB and at the same time extremely damaging for the sect, especially GJ opening answers where he clearly says that the GB are not gods mouthpiece.

I am please to hear that your wife shows some reasonableness by at least discussing these things. All the best to you and your family and thanks for you thoughts.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    magnum, I completely agree with what your saying. the apostel paul counsels " if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving his own mind (gal 6:3). They are always pointing at everybody else. but don't you think that half the reason for this is that they have been forbidden to look behind the curtain? I never realized how frightening it could be to one, until I faced some difficulties of my own. you gotta dig deep & fight the withdrawal, its almost like an addiction, your afraid of all the realities you gotta face without the WT fix. sometimes it can overwhelm a person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit