Discussing the RC with a friend and my JW wife was listening.

by Driving Force 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Magnum

Although my wife is also a victim, as we all are or were, I cannot excuse her behavior. The one question that she should ask herself is why have I rejected the religion after almost 30 years. She will not do that, Cognitive Dissonance" at its best.

As for information available, in Germany or should I say the German language there is significantly less information than there is in English, but the information is there if one makes a search. Its great to be associated with you magnum, and I love reading your comments on other posts.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

DoC

I am a fader, over 6 months now. If anything comes of this, it is my wife who instigated it, but as I have already mentioned in another comment I am already seeking legal advice, and would really love to have sufficient reason to bring criminal charges against the elders of the congregation, naturally leaving out the bOrg at the centre in Selters Germany, as the elders would then see how they are abandoned by the mother.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DF: Anyway it took a great deal of effort not to punch her in the nose.

Your wife is clearly out of control and her behavior unacceptable.

Resorting to physical violence in return is certainly NOT going to help the situation. I'm glad you restrained yourself.

DF: She also warned me that I am not stronger than Jehovah and that I cannot fight against Jehovah.

Since Jehovah doesn't exist I think you're safe.

I suggest you tell your wife to watch the RC interview of Geoffrey Jackson and then come to her own conclusions.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

GTTM

I keep quite about what I know, because she only starts her screaming if I even mention for example Child Sex Abuse within the bOrg, which is well documented.

As for my daughter, I have made it clear to my wife that, if she does not want to go to any of the meetings or to study or prepare then she does not have to, I was very adamant about that.

The sex stopped when I stated that I did not want anything to do with the bOrg, she then moved out of the bedroom into the spare room, some six months now.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Magnum: they won't come to me and discuss the matter.

Because they are afraid.

Great reasoning Magnum. I totally agree. The average R&F witness is morally culpable for not being honest about the overwhelming flaws in their religion.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Oubliette

Since Jehovah doesn't exist I think you're safe.

Yea, I know, so lets review "Its a cult"*

* TM: Oubliette

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

This is horrible. She was asking for this, spying on you. She's also not following anything she's 'supposed' to be doing, withholding sex for six months. What, like that's going to bring you back to Jehovah?!

Are you mostly able to keep the peace, or is your daughter exposed to lots of nastiness? I wonder if divorce might be a good option now, or later, so that you can closely keep supporting your daughter until she is in college.

i'm really sorry this whole situation has happened to you.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

FD

I do my utmost to keep the peace. Any kind of argument comes from my wife, and I really mean that. I have never been an argumentative person. What happened today was most definitely not my fault, I took reasonable measure to prevent her from listening to my private conversation, so to any reasonable person it was obviously private.

With this incident, my daughter was in the next room, the first she noticed was when my wife flung open the door and started screaming at me.

She is 15, she can reason, this is only going to turn her away from the cult, which is positive. Unfortunately the whole atmosphere is toxic, and I thank the bOrg for that. This will most definitely lead to divorce, I have expressed my unconditional love to my daughter.

I appreciate your concern.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think your experience here is worth documenting and sending to the RC. I appreciate that McClellan would think that adding women to the judicial process might make it more just and effective. However, this example shows how women in the organization can be just as fanatical about oppressing others to silence anything that might put the JWs in a negative light.

Have you recorded any of these exchanges with your wife? I think it would be most interesting if you would be able to completely document this situation where you come under fire from the congregation and are divorced from your wife because you think that children need to be protected from sexual abuse, but they do not.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "...because they are afraid."

This.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit