Judge Bans Shunning

by Farkel 83 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh Yes!

Right on the money there, Farkel, it is indeed the shunning that causes the most division. Can it really be so that someone, at last, is getting to grips with this, THE big one?

Englishman.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Was this a family court ruling or a state court ruling? I mean, what is the jurisdiction of the ban in this case? Just to this family, in order to stop the emotional/psychological/spiritual abuse?

(My parents were divorced a bazillion years ago. One of them was disfellowshipped. Both my parents, have been and still are guilty of playing their children against each other, trying to make us pick sides, using all manner of emotional abuse and "spiritual rationale" to do so. Each insists the other "won't be in the New System". The WTS may have knowingly or unknowingly "allowed" my parents to treat their children in this fashion, but the WTS NEVER once even HINTED at me shunning either of my parents when I was a child. In fact, on the contrary, the WTS, and at least one of my parents, force fed me scriptures re honouring and obeying my parents at all costs no matter how they treated me. Of course, now that I'm not a witness, the WTS tells them to shun me.)

Still, interesting precedent. I'm glad this judge isn't allowing these parents to pit their kids against each other to the detriment of the children. If "God" wants to take his sweet ass time "ridding the earth" of all it's vile forces, then hooray for judges like this that make life more tolerable in the meantime where "God" won't/can't/isn't. Thanks for posting that. It'll be neat to see if it goes any further, jurisdictionally speaking. It'll also be neat if it serves to protect other children from their parents and their religions.

Poor kids, they in for a long haul from the sounds of it.

*sigh*

SPAZ

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks for posting this, Farkel. There is one judge somewhere who is going to make JW's behave in a loving, caring fashion despite their theology of hate. I hope this judge's order is enforced and that the children don't have to be further traumatized by Watchtower fear and intimidation tactics.

If you know how to contact the judge, I think as many of us "apostates" as possible should write him a letter of commendation, particularly those of us who have been or have had children caught in situations similar to this one.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Spaz,

This was a family court ruling, but that does not diminish its significance at all. As a friend of mine pointed out today, an individual choosing to shun another individual is no big deal, as that sort of thing has been going on for centuries and is just a part of human nature. The problems come in when its institutionalized and forced upon a group using that very same shunning as blackmail to force compliance.

It would be evil enough to have someone be shunned by lifelong friends and associates in a religion, but to force shunning among family members, especially close family members destroys the very core unit upon which civilizations have depended upon since the dawn of man. So such family shunning is anti-civilization, anti-human, anti-family and morally reprehensible. The judge sitting on this case was wise enough to realize this.

Those insane religious dictators in Brooklyn have got away with far too much and for far too long and will continue to do so until someone figuratively hits them on the head with a baseball bat, kicks them in the groin and literally takes away all their Corporate blood money they've acquired on the sweat, sacrifices, ruination and even murder of those who follow them.

Let us hope more Courts realize that ruling against institutionalized shunning of family members does not jeopardize religious freedoms any more than does this limitation of freedom: "your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

I have quite a few other documents on this case, and will sort through them and post relevant parts.

Farkel

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Wow! This is brilliant!

Farkel, please scan and post as much as you have on this. Is this case going to go any further e.g. to Supreme Courts for appealing etc. or is this the final result?

Thanks for posting it, you've made my day!

Expatbrit

• Farkel
    Farkel

Mum,

: If you know how to contact the judge, I think as many of us "apostates" as possible should write him a letter of commendation, particularly those of us who have been or have had children caught in situations similar to this one.

I have that information but will need to obtain permission first.

Farkel

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yes, yes, yes, and OH YES!

All day long I do love the law. Thanks for sharing Farkel. It's gratifying to see this cur dog religion being dragged into the 20th century by the scruff of their very scruffy necks.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Expat,

: Is this case going to go any further e.g. to Supreme Courts for appealing etc. or is this the final result?

I would assume that the Watchtower Libel Association will do everything in its power to get it over-turned: a ruling like this affects their power over their followers, and they are mad with power.

Farkel

• rebel
    rebel

Farkel,

'Shunning is used as blackmail to force compliance' (to paraphrase what you wrote)

That is the best description for shunning I have ever come across - it sums it up completely!

Well done for bringing this to everyone's attention. I am sure I am one of many waiting for the outcome. This evil policy has broken so many people and must be stopped.

xxR

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Farkel,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, hooray for the law. Enforcement will be something else entirely, right?

I look forward to whatever other documents you have to post on this.

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit