Judge Bans Shunning

by Farkel 83 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Farkel
    Farkel

Today I spoke with a former JW I've been in touch with for several years and discovered what I think could be a major bombshell for the WTS. As we all know, shunning is the most powerful weapon the WT Cult has over its members and for decades the WTS has been able to get away with practicing it at their whim. The US and other Courts have permitted them to to use it, even though it destroys families and has ruined countless lives. There would be hardly anyone fighting the evils of the WTS if they were to stop shunning. Blood would not longer be an issue. Patients could take blood to save their lives and even though the society taught it was wrong, if they couldn't shun members for taking blood, members could take blood it to save their lives. Pedophilia would not be the problem it is now. Parents and even children could go straight to the authorities without fear of being shunned and the perp would be arrested, prosecuted and imprisoned. To my knowledge I knew of NO case where a Judge in a Court of law BANNED JWs from shunning other JWs. UNTIL NOW! The excepts below are from that recent Court case here in the United States. I will have hard copies of the Judge's order soon and will scan and put them up if anyone wants to see them. I have full permission to reproduce this incredibly important ruling: The judge stated: "these children shall not be permitted to be exposed to or engage in any conduct or activities which causes their mother to be treated as less than a proper or deserving person regarding her motherhood or an an individual. If Mr. xxxxx cannot insure immediate and full compliance by written affidavit immediately, there shall not be a change in custody, as the court finds this is an extreme and reprehensible pattern of conduct which has arisen in this case and has been at least part of the reason for the dissension in the xxxxx home." (Mr. xxxxx then files an affidavit skirting the shunning issue and saying the children will always love their mother. The court responds:) "The Court must insist that the children will not be exposed to any shunning of their mother, whether by the congregation of elders or any other person or body. The Court finds Petitioner's Affidavit insufficient to prevent this from occurring.....this Court has found the children's relationship with their mother has been severely damaged by the practice of shunning as has occurred in the presence of these children. The Court finds that the harm from shunning in this case, given the other manipulations and harmful conduct these children have been subjeted to, would continue to create emotional and psychological damages which would impede the bonding with their mother. It will not be tolerated further in this case so long as it interferes with the children's bonding with their mother. The Court has also ordered their mother to desist from attacking the Jehovah's Witnesses religion and exposing the children to that conduct, as it would also have a negative impact on these small children. (This was due to being in the Christianity Today ...court didn't like that) "In summary, shunning must cease immediately because these children have already been harmed by the practice. Though the Jehovah's Witness Church has the right to shun certain individuals, in this case, the practice has damaged small children. The Court must consider that fact in determining custody and visitation issues. They cannot be further exposed to the practice as it has been presented to this court....shunning has improperly prevented a bonding between the children and their mother. If their father were to permit it to continue, that would create greater harm than would be caused by leaving the children in their mother's custody. They are too young to understand the potential religious basis when counter imposed with the shunned person being their mother." August 17, 2001 "...Mr. xxxxx has engaged in extreme improper manipulative conduct to try to obtain custody of these children. (No doubt being coached by Watchtower lawyers, who are criminals themselves for encouraging such conduct.) To aggravate the problems faced by the children, there are extremely radical religious pressures applied to them by the father and his family. He and his family apparently convinced the church (JW) that shunning of the children's mother by congregations of the church would be proper....evidence of current shunning of the children's mother by her own mother who is also a member (JW)...court continues to leave the issue of custody open by this order.....Mr. xxxxx's own evidence shows unhealthy emotional stresses are being created by purported adherence to the JW religion s it has been applied by and to these parties...to these children. If concerns arise by Mrs. xxxxx regarding potential irreparable harm to the children at any time, or for other appropriate lawful reasons, the parties may bring the matter back to court. (An upcoming trial will be shown the affidavits and that he purjured himself) This Court hereby issues an order prohibitting 'shunning' and will no longer permit these children to be exposed to 'shunning' of their mother by any religion or individuals. If Mr. xxxxx cannot control that issue, further hearing shall be held........but until that time, these children shall not be permitted to be exposed to any religious, social, or personal shunning of their mother by anyone. It is a deplorable practice and from an emotional and psychological concern, the Court will not permit it to continue. If Mrs. xxxx's mother continues to engage in such judgemental conduct regarding her daughter, she should not have any contact with the children as the Court finds it would be harmful to the development of a proper relationship between the children and their mother. August 13, 2001 (The mother continues to contact the girls secretly at the father's home and sends boxes to them. After putting this in the court papers, the mother sent a box to her daughter's home with an unmarked gift for her baby, thus shunning her grandchild!!! Finally a Court of law has recognized and done something about the evil, filthy, disgusting, perverted, inhuman, destructive Anti-Christ wickedness of familial shunning practiced by the Watchtower Book-Selling and Religious Fraud Corporation. For me at least this case is big news! If a trend can be created from a case like this, the Watchtower Society's evil ass will be toast! Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 21 December 2002 18:12:50

• freeman
    freeman

Best news I have heard in a long time!

Thanks Fark

Freeman

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Am I reading this correctly???

Please post further details, i.e., case, court, etc. as soon as possible. How did you come to know this, Farkel?

Stunned...

AMNESIAN

• Farkel
    Farkel

Amnesian,

I spoke with the mother of those children today. It was her own case and was tried in a state in the Mountain West.

Farkel

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Way cool!

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

You're right Farkel, the positive repercussions of something like this could be exponential! But I'm not gonna get my hopes up too soon. We're talking about some slippery dudes here, especially when they bring their big guns out in court. And this ain't their first rodeo! It'll really be interesting to see how this developes.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

I recognize that this case has to do with the treatment imposed by a JW custodial dad and his family and congregation on minor children toward their non-custodial, non-JW mother, and has not to do with the treatment by the JW organization toward adults.

Yet, this is huge and a potentially major crack in a heretofore impregnable dam. An astounding ruling from an obviously razor sharp legal mind and compassionate heart.

I believe this signals the beginning of the eventual dismantling of this evil policy and practice.

Thanks ever so much for posting this stunning decision, Farkel. Please post whatever details you can when you can.

AMNESIAN

• Shakita
    Shakita

Farkel,

Great post. Perhaps this will be the crack in the armor that will at least expose the Witnesses for their barbaric shunning practices. Until I found out about all of the lies and deceit of the WT, I was clueless that things like this went on. The heartening thing about the judge's decision was his obvious contempt for the shunning being practiced by this own woman's mother and ex-husband. The JW's are using the innocent children as pawns. In the meanwhile, the JW's are manipulating the children to convince them that their mother is no good and will be toast at Armageddon. It's sickening.

This issue was actually the turning point for me. The elders in my congregation, at the very least, implied that I should shun my grown child. To a lesser degree they always treated my wife with contempt because she was never the good little witness. My wife is an excellent person that has always been self-sacrificing, kind, loving, always working tirelessly in behalf of her family. I was disgusted that the elders and others in the congregation would treat her so shabbily just because she wasn't a maniacal, fanatical JW sister. In retrospect, I'm thankful that she never became a dyed-in-the-wool witness. That would have been a nightmare.

Btw Farkel, how did you find out about this? It's hopeful that this judge is taking the bold step of ordering this shunning to end. I never thought I would see something like that happen. The more publicity this story receives, the better. Maybe more unsuspecting householders won't fall into the JW trap.

Mr. Shakita

• donkey
    donkey
    I believe this signals the beginning of the eventual dismantling of this evil policy and practice.

I doubt it. Brainwashing is stronger than law. Fear of death is enough to make parents and children shun each other.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Farkel,

This is great news, as the judge said, "Though the Jehovah's Witness Church has the right to shun certain individuals, in this case, the practice has damaged small children.

The JW religion has the right to practice shunning but, as with the blood issue, minors should be protected from coercive abuse or irreparable harm from the practices of adults.

Shunning in the JW religion remains but the cruel practice of forcing or encouraging children to shun a parent must go.

It would be interesting to see the courts rule on JWs who refuse to allow DA or DF parents to visit their grandchildren.

Thanks for the news.

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit