Western Decline is a Reality - 2015 Memorial Attendance

by berrygerry 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I remember the days when the KM magazine had little section talking about the overall growth and new max of pioneers for the year, etc. Now they are limited to put things like "we've seen an increase in returning visits of 1.2% over the same month last year. This shows there still lots of work to do in the harvest!!".

I hate this disgusting cult!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Figures have just GOT to be down after 2014 came and went, and NOTHING! Big surprise! 100 years since 1914, and ZILCH, ZERO, NADA.

My parents always said if somehow this system would last until 2014 and nothing happened, they would up and leave. Well, they died in 1999 and 2007, so I up and gave the WT the finger for them! Freakin' cult!

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

I don't know is memorial attendance means something.

People come out of curiosity. I am sure most find it very strange that almost no one partakes.

• steve2
    steve2

Antes8080 yes Puerto Rico, Jamaica and I think another "territory" are now under the US branch office but it would be helpful to confirm when the changeover occurred.

Last year, the Kingdom Ministry gave a breakdown of attendances for each of those "lands" to use the JW organization's terms. Still, 2011 was a standout year for attendance - likely it was a weekend?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I'm 99% sure they added some other stuff to the US branch for the 2014 numbers. I distinctly remember a thread about this time last year talking about the memorial numbers and when you stripped out the newly merged territories, there was a decline in 2014 in spite of all the hype.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Totally agree that day of the week plays a huge roll. And the nearly static numbers paint a bad picture for an organization built on growth. Old people are dying off and not many new ones to replace them
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

So what's the deal today, if there is a increase in the organization the end is near,

if there is a decrease Jehovah is cleaning out his organization and the end is near.

You can't have it both ways.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I stand corrected - there was a 0.36% increase in 2014 once the merged branches are accounted for, pulling numbers from the thread below.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/282591/october-2014-kingdom-ministry-km-10-2014-pdf

Even so I think it's clear that we've reached stagnation at the very least, and decline as a percentage of the population.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...if there is a increase in the organization the end is near, if there is a decrease Jehovah is cleaning out his organization and the end is near..."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, when your "Special Talk" is entitled, "Is it later than you think.", Ya got problems! LOL!!

Then they made the "historic" adjustment by kicking CTR to the curb and changing the Meh-mori-hell outline, making sure to sternly warn partakers to NOT partake!! These guys are a-holes!

Barring the occurence of Armageddon, they have NOTHING to offer, NOTHING. As the population ages in the Information Age, they will continue to lose more people from developed areas. Why be a poor Watchtard, when you can earn a good living and have fun before you die?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit