small world, reunited by this forum!!!! yipee!!

by ApagaLaLuz 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Alright, my heart is pumping. I'll try to keep this short.

Before I left I had made quite a few friends over in England, from going to assemblies. Over a couple of years they visited me in California, I visited them in England. We became a big family. The very first person I met there became especially close to me. Shortly before I left he was DFd I think. All of his friends in England turned their backs and he disappeared. He moved countries. I moved out of the area. I lost contact with him. Soon afterward I left, and I lost all my JW friends in both the U.S. and the U.K.

I found out about a year ago that he had moved to New York. I tried to track him down but was unsuccessful. A couple months back I stumbled upon a post from someone here on this board who was having doubts. He had posted in a thread about street witnesses in my area. Then he mentioned the name of a girl who was my best friend while I was still in. I noticed he was from the U.K. and my heart stopped. So I sent him an email. Yesterday, nearly 2 months later I received a reply. It wasn't who I was looking for, but was the brother of an old friend who had stayed with me once on a trip. Next email I got was from the person I was looking for!!! My friend who I had lost touch with 3 years ago. His friend who I had emailed forwarded him my JW forum profile.

So anyway, we stayed up last night talking forever. I'm going back to England this summer for his wedding. And I am so excited that I now have this special person back in my life. What a small world the Ex JWs are..... Woot!!!!!!! Woot!!!!!

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

That is so very cool Chevy!!! ((((Chevy))))

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Ahhhhh, that gave me goose bumps all over, Chevy. I'm so happy for you.

I keep hoping old friends of ours will wake up and we will find each other.

Hugs,

j2bf

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks guys *muah*

Sorry it was a bit rushed, I just got done sending a big-ass long email full of pics

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

How great for you. Good friends are hard to find and when lost, sometimes are more difficult to try and be reunited. Sounds like one of those days when you say.... "lifes good!"

• Simon
    Simon

What a nice story!

Thanks for sharing it with us CHEVYSNTATS and I hope you enjoy meeting up

• buffman
    buffman

Wow, I've had similar experiences in here. I was in chat one day and met a guy I used to know from 4 or 5 years back when I chatted in a JW room! I also caught up with a long lost friend that was in my old congregation in here. Lyin eyes and I also had some mutual friends from Louisiana. It's a small world after all!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Chevy,

It does my heart good to hear good news! When something like this happens, I always believe there is a definite reason behind it.

Good friends are a treasure!

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Oh, Chevy!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your friend!!!!

Love ya!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

What a wonderful thread! The Internet has brought the world so much closer together, especially in the ex-JW world. I have gotten in touch with cruzanheart and Big Tex after all these years, we used to go to the same congregation back in the early and mid 80's.

Also saw a post on a genealogy website about 3 years ago of a woman looking for a person with the same initials/name as my grandfather. I e-mailed her and asked her why she was asking and she said he's listed as the father on her birth certificate. She never knew her father's side of the family and was looking for him and/or his family. I knew my grandfather was quite the rounder so I thought MAYBE my grandfather was her father, making her my aunt. My aunt (known daughter of my late grandfather) did DNA testing with her last year and guess what...it came back 95 percent (a DNA match in 1/2 sibship!) Anyway, I found my grandfather's daughter and a new aunt. The DNA results came back 2 days before Christmas last year, what a great Christmas present!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit