small world, reunited by this forum!!!! yipee!!

by ApagaLaLuz 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Wow TRES.... that's a great story. Yes, the internet is a great source of communication. I'm still overwhelmed right now, we've been exchanging emails all day long.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one as I have got to go to bed. I am the one Chevy has been reunited with, man I cant believe it, it is probably one the best christmas presents I could of recieved from my first christmas. I am just ecstatic. When Chevy first came over here to England I didnt realised that our groups would bond just like a family, it was gut wrenching enough when she left and I could not exactly call her Mum and ask her where she was. We spent many times visiting each other in our countrys and haad wonderfull times. I lost my Sister to the witnesses she dont talk to me anymore, but I have gained my Sister Chevy back. We have exchanged a lot of photos and we have both changed a hell of a lot. Wow thanks to whoever thought of this brilliant site !!!!

I am going to get more involved with this. and I am never letting Chevy go, it will be so wonderfull to have her here next year when I tie the knot with the one person who I love most in this world...........and it aint Jehovah !!!!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yipppppppppeee Chevy, I am so glad to hear that. You are right it is a small ExJW world.

LIke Buffman said, we had a great time in chat , laughing at the crazy people we both knew so well. It is funny our paths never crossed thou. I mean we knew the same people. I bet somewhere some time we were in the same place. I have also met a guy named Jim, I think that was from my area too and knew the same people. Navigator lived in my home town for awhile and even thou I didnt know him , he is older, it was neat to speak to someone from my home town.

My husband has a great friend in California, who has been apostate for 20 or more years he used to be a special pioneer . They lost touch due to him being d/f all that time. When my hubby got the internet he started looking for him, I even got on the phone and called all around but didnt find him. We were looking in the exjw sign up and we saw his name, yeah that might be him, saw his town, yeah that is most likely him, then we saw his email, and we knew it was him. His email describes what he does for a living,,,,,,,,,,no doubt it was him. Well , hubby emails him and he emails back. They talked on the phone for hours and their friendship was renewed. In fact wildturkey is going diving with him this summer.

It's great to get back some of what we thought we lost ,,,,,,,,, isnt it....... be prepared to find more and more.

We should all if at all possible, put our names on that list, so when others leave that horrible cult they can find us again,,,,,and we can find them.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Awwwww....... I'm not one to get all emotional, but that did it Matt. I'm honored that you would let be your sister. I've just been in a warm fuzzy place these past couple of days. You should deffinently be proud of who are luv. As far as your sister goes. Too bad for her, some people are content with never growing. *muah*

And now, you're ruining my rep, so in an effort to save some face I say go to fuckin bed, you bastard

(mattnoel)

• Jesika
    Jesika

OMG I have goose bumps all over too!!!!!!!!!!!! Chevy&Matt I am soooooooooooo happy for you two.

Matt-----congrats on the wedding!!!!!!!!

I was also reunited with a couple I have known since I was 4 and lost contact after I was df'd and ranaway. Big TX and cruzanheart are now in my life again!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon,

You have done so much for so many people here! Thanx you sooooooooooo much from the bottom of my heart!!

Jes

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Chevy n Matt

All right!!!!! That is so cool. To me the Internet is a magical place full of all sorts of surprises. That's one of the most positive aspects of this kind of board: meeting and becoming reacquainted with old friends. The WTS tries so hard to break up families and friendships and to me it's a triumph to win each other back. I think every time we can re-connect we're taking a little bit of our dignity back and restoring some of our own personal pride.

Way to go Chevy and Matt!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The Pope recommends that rentals of Julia Roberts movie "My Best friends Wedding" should poissibly be avoided over the next few months!!

Bless you my children! *waves hand in up and down motion imitating splashing water*

The Pope

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Chevy,

Sooo cool!!! Thanks for sharing your story, I'm so happy you found your friend.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

thats cool!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thank you everyone for your kind words and stories. I will keep you up to date as to how things progress. I already had a vacation planned in August to Spain. But I think now I'll go over for the wedding earlier. Then they can meet up with me later in Spain. Hopefully things will work out that way, then I can have 2 visits.

Thanks POPE by the way for the advise, but I'm nearly positive there's nothing to worry about *evil grin*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit