What is a Cult? (all 4 parts)

by Joyzabel 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James2300
    James2300

Joy,

Thanks for the excellent post. The longer I'm out the more "cultish" I realize it was. To think that I sat week in and week out a watchtower study where the only "right" answers were the ones in the paragraph. If that wasn't a cult indoctrination session, then I don't know what is!

Thanks again,

James

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Joy thanks for your post, I am copying it and pasting it to a email. I have been witnessing the truth about the truth to a jdub that is still "in". You put a lot of things into perspective. Thanks again.

• tresbella
    tresbella

everything you have written is 100 percent true. the defintiton of a cult is much broader then I believe it was maybe 10 years ago

• tresbella
    tresbella

Your post was hilarious. Are u still a witness? I remeber loving watching Zena warrior Princess but was told it was of course a demonic, pagan T/V show. Yes, the show had many spiritistic and "pagan" story lines but that was the point. The show was created to be a out of the book history lesson on the B.C era when people believed in the studf. If watching what is written in the history books "bad" then so should learing about it be too (which is written throughout the entire Bible is it not?

• Confucious
    Confucious

Excellent.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Excellent.

There was a time when I would go on a vacation only to be ridden with guilt.

It was aweful

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Tresbella,

Welcome to the board .

Hope to hear more about you some day.

Jst2laws

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

for the new ones on the board now.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Many Thanks for activating this topic again Joyzabel (a jolly good read for us newbies!)

I can soooooo identify with Mebeme's reply too - (did anyone else own an ''inappropriate'' T-Shirt) - and what I find amazing is that the Society comes down hard on OUR ignorance, but THEIRS doesn't really matter.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, TheEdge.

glad you liked the post. There are many good threads here on JWD, sometimes its just hard to find them.

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit