Won't get fooled again ...Moon Landing.

by The Rebel 579 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The implication made many pages ago via the "I'm just asking questions" fallacy was that Apollo was implemented to distract from Vietnam and that there was money flowing into NASA to keep it going to that end.

Did I say that Pumpkin?

Maybe I have amnesia.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Did I say that Pumpkin?
    Maybe I have amnesia.

Did I ever say you did?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I guess not, just making sure that wasn't implied at yours truly

Would you not agree that while the space race was not started, and not deliberately done as a distraction from anything, that as it progressed its power was hijacked (not even in a negative way) by those seeking to use it for personal reason?

Sensationalizing the evolving medium of TV? political back patting? and cold war ass whooping? No conspiracy, but just as the media and politicians can latch strongly onto things even today that they may want to "ride the wave" of so to speak. This is my point

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

freemindfade:-

Thank you for bringing to my attention, the scientist Wernher Von Braun, being a former nazi and member of the S.S. I am going to conclude his past actions and sympathies were conveniently overlooked in order for NASSA to use his knowledge.

What is your personal opinion, do you agree with that stance?

What does that say to you about NASSA?

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I guess not, just making sure that wasn't implied at yours truly

I never imply.

Would you not agree that while the space race was not started, and not deliberately done as a distraction from anything, that as it progressed its power was hijacked (not even in a negative way) by those seeking to use it for personal reason?

No, because no one has presented any evidence for that.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I am going to conclude his past actions and sympathies were conveniently overlooked in order for NASSA to use his knowledge.

They were overlooked and whitewashed by the military long before NASA even existed.

Nothing particular about NASA, specifically.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    What is your personal opinion, do you agree with that stance?

I don't think it really means anything, just that when someone (or group) really wants things, they will make concessions. When they CIA needed the help of Cosa Nostra during WW2, they had no problem asking them. I don't really expect governments, businesses, or alphabet agencies to approach things from what we consider "ethical". they have a job to do, and they do it. Its a whore business, its just what it is, I personally lose no sleep over these things

There is an old saying, I believe it is arabic in nature, "my enemies enemy is my friend" something along those lines.

No, because no one has presented any evidence for that.

You're right I just made all that up, the nerve...

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Here I am letting what little credibility I have left be taken away.

My previous questions were raised, because in MY opinion, by employing ex NAZI scientists NASSA lost their ability to be trusted as an organisation of integrity, and therefore their reputation along with that of the U.S.A should be challenged on the moon landing, on motive such as political advantage and other points raised on the thread.

However I agree with freemindfade, and I also do not expect governments " to approach things from what I consider ethical" However I think that is a separate issue from my above point, and I am glad as citizens in a free land, we have the right to challenge.

I watched the" Fox Documentary" on you tube yesterday evening, and in MY opinion the programme was determined only to prove the man landing never happened. I did not find the film balanced at all. I wonder :-

a) what the motive for making the " documentary" was?

It certainly appears to have given the subject a high profile.

finally as I have said in previous posts some subjects cause way to much melodrama, However I would like to add debating can also be collective and educational, so I wonder what have we learnt from this thread? Or let me rephrase that question, so it's not so open to ridicule.:-

A) Has anyone learnt anything new on the subject from this thread.

B ) Has anyone had their opinion swayed from this thread.?

The Rebel.

• prologos
    prologos
    The Rebel15 minutes ago

NAZI scientists NASSA ,

was Werner von Braun a member of the SS? or meerly the NSFlyingCorps? You could not hold any job in Germany without belonging to an affiliate of the NS partei. Your spelling NASA like the SS does not make it so.

freemindfade

just that when someone (or group) really wants things, they will make concessions. That was the case with the german rocket scientists, the war was their dream come true, like it was for American workers, providing paying jobs at last.

von Braun was reproached by the Nazis for wasting time on "napkin design" peacetime projects,

In America he wanted a different Moon program, not a race, but a lasting, space station effort, even a station orbiting the moon, with shuttles.but

A smart US engineer, advocating leaving everything behind, and coming back on a parachute, and Congress's 4 year budgets myopia scuttled those plans drawn up in the 30s.

Would Goddard have voted for a war ticket party?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks prologos.

As a painter I take pride in my artistic achievements, and I am sure governments and scientists take pride in there achievements. It is also the case with great " Art" much of it needs to be challenged and verified that it is authentic.And so it should be so with all things, they should be challenged and proven free of falsity.

Therefore :-would it be correct that one " objective" of bringing German scientists from Nazi Germany was to deny German expertise and scientific knowledge to the Soviet Union and United Kingdom?

Is it correct that to circumvent President Trumans anti- Nazi order false employment and political biographies were given the scientists?

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit