Will his holiness Jehovha Jackson appear before the ARC?

by punkofnice 58 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would like to say NO. I would like to say that he will have lawyers drag this out and they will insist that he stay by his father's side 24 hours a day. I would like to say that this will be dragged out until the RC is concluded.

I would like to say NO. But Australia and the RC are not at all like the United States where one could easily do just as described above. The RC is addressing a very serious issue and seems to be determined to arrive at proper answers. They may not even begin to allow for lawyers to interfere with Jackson's appearance. They may allow for live video feed or arrange for the absolute shortest time of interference with a sick family member. They may ask the doctors if the father is stable "right now" and able to live long enough for his son to return to him within 12 or 24 hours. My suspicions are that all my reasons to say NO are very much oriented to the slow justice system of the U.S. and they won't work in this case.

My bet is that the RC forces the issue this week, Jackson appears and says as little as possible. Heck, they may even have his father fake a sudden turn-for-the-worse while the RC event is going on, in order to hasten Jackson's exit.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So, just what is supposed to be wrong with his Dad?

Mind you, I'd be pretty sick if I had a son on the GB.

Seriously though sympathies to Jacko senior if he genuinely is very ill.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    It was scheduled for Friday because Jackson agreed to appear. McClellan said from the Chair, "I expect Jackson to appear next week, unless Mr. Stewart tells me it can not happen." Obviously, Stewart compelled Watchtower attorney and Jackson and the official Summons on paper was served.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    punk: So, just what is supposed to be wrong with his Dad?

Nobody has said, but we know he is old. He is old and sick. Just like a whole lot of other people. It is called "life" and life hands us shit to deal with sometimes.

I have zero compassion for Jackson's father being sick. Zero. All I have to do is think of all the exJWs who have been denied the right to be with their parents while they are sick or to attend the funerals of family members, and all of my compassion flies out the window.

Karma is a bitch.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OCrow- Yes. I see your point. Because of his holiness Jehovhahahahaha Jackson, many JWs have been denied a family. Mine broke up too....yeah...sod whacko Jacko!
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I am very excited to hear that a date is agreed and courious about the epoch-making definition of the frontiers between a modern Jehovahs witnesses internal judicial committees and mandatory laws and the state's competences namly jurisdiction.

It is awaited that Bro. Jackson is pioneering here for the benefit of down under and the whole world community. By setting a modern praticable manageable example Jehovahs witnesses can impress and build a basis for continuuing cooperation between state authorities and their institution in this matter. Additionally some await a pronouncement like a new brochure entitled "Our children - our treasure" or " Two witnesses and Caesar" for this event.

Some await the likeable Bro Jackson, one of JW leaders, to swear an oath on the bible, quite sure he would use the modern "silver sword" revision of the NWT, which Bro Jackson introduced 2013 at the 129th annual meeting of the Watchtower Bible and tract Society of Pennsylvania Inc. If he handed out a grey bible to the attendents it would be a good idea and no surprise btw. thus showing warm love of the whole governing body and a sign of his enthusiasm about the new revision.

(HUMOR) Could we hear Bro Jackson speaking to them in their language about magnificent things of God?

"I am sorry that we not do not yet have an Ozzi Commission version of the NWT, although we have the NWT in 144000 languages soon, but I hope as fellow countrymen that we speak the same language here down under anyway, thus our cooperate attempt to reason over bible passages should not be complicated at all.

You know perhaps that we as JW prefer a moderate and sound approach concerning Bible interpretation and are hope for changes, no intolerant at all, in our midst are people of different cultures, who influences our thoughts, .....advocates too, lawyers too... yes. of course. (laughter)

May well be that in short time we will think totally different of this matter than today.

Today something may appears difficult but after a moderate approach we can find a solution.
    Let me give a short example of an important
    change in the new version compared to the older NWT.
    That was a joke.... Do you know what is the most important tool to cope with such problems with which we are confronted here?

LOVE. (looking up a passage and reading)

As you know I am no advocate and no lawyer like the most elders of JW that are executing judicial committees and getting aware of abuse and other crimes.

Thus I am happy to announce that the GB and I decided to quit all judical committes in the future and to replace it by pastoral care and spiritual guidance. Elders have gone over their abilites and responsibilites over the years. My new revided NWT says though "Do not judge" and "Forgive 77 times" , although there might be cases like abuse where christians and elders should prompt response. For this cases we have furthe our Bethel department.

Love is the motive that jesus taught us in the NWT, so that is the reason why we as GB made this desicion that elders shall not to be judges in the congregation but become more sheperds..... more shepards .....Applause"

We are really sorry, and I am speaking for all Jehovahs witness, we would have been happier too if there had not been cases of abuse inmidst of their religion, but we thought it would be better to handle the matter internal up to now when the RC confronted us with heavy flaws, We thought we would already apply "best pracise" by using the methods of comfort and care conducted by their elders and recording .Although we not reported to the police because of the different laws we are well prepared for this situation.

A moderate and sound approach to Bible interpretation and changes of doctrine will take place before the RC,
    let us look forward to that date.

Legitimate interest existes especially what concerns victims of child abuse in our society and the benefit of judicial proceedings of JW's in this connection. Tens of thousands excommunciations and labellings group internal and yet more destructions of familyties because under menace of being excommunicated, observance and spyping of members should be given up.

• sir82
    sir82

I think it very much depends on the consequences for not showing.

I think the GB would gladly pay even hundreds of thousands of dollars of fines to not have to take the stand. So if the only penalty is a fine, then I say he won't show.

If the penalty is something more onerous (prison?) then he will show up and be as tight-lipped as he can get away with.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the watchtower cannot lose if brother jackson goes before the RC.

the 8 ish million rank and file brain dead dubs will lap it up and praise de lawd forever and a day whatever crap he comes out with.

the small army of apostates will no doubt gleefully pounce on anything he says----but that will only serve to reinforce the views of the dubs anyway.

the other 99.99% of the population simply wont give a shit.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm sorry...couldn't resist a punt.......................................

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry
    Stanlivedeath. As Ed McMahon used to say: "You are correct sir"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit