Jesus Sacrifice - How Stupid and Illogical

by MrMoe 139 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Moe,
    Wish I could give ya a big kiss right now.

You make so much ...."logical sense" you should become a philosopher. Mighty Moe the Mistress!

I really enjoyed this thread and what YOU and others had to say.

Gumby

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

gumby - are u serious or are you patronizing me? *raises one eyebrow*

I also have very much enjoyed this thread. It has also helped me realize how insane the metaphyiscal world is, and how mentally unstable it is to have faith in "mystial" entities.

• gumby
    gumby

Amanda,
    I was serious. I like your reasoning and questions because they reflect my thoughts and whats been on my mind a lot since re-searching the bible and it's authenticity. When you doubt the bible.....where do you start again?

I probably was patronizing you a little on the kissin part, cuz your a cutie

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Gumby - Awwww, you were serious. Seeing how I am basically thought of here as a half-brained blond twit... I partly assumed you were being sarcastic, sorry about that.

The bible has been trash to me for a while now. What I have been struggling with is the metaphysical realm, and life after death. Perhaps it is the loss of those I love that had me grappling for answers, and had me blinded.

I don't have all the answers, and nobody does. Life after death cannot be proven, and yet I find myself realizing that there just isn't. When you die, you just die. It is humans and their fear of death and the refusal to believe that we do DIE, the wish and hope for immortality that creates religion, and the spiritual realm. But the origin of you and I, and everything else can be explained.

That leads me to this. My mothers are gone, and there is nothing I can do. I can't go back, and I can' look forward to being with them again. That hurts, and the simple fact is I can no longer take life for granted. Any life.

I guess we are all just made up of stars.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Amanda,

I have pretty much the same idea except this...... But the origin of you and I, and everything else can be explained.

Did you mean "can't"?

I am not knowledged in the fact that origin can be explained.

One time I started a thread about ghosts, and asked if any saw them with an eyewitness. Some said one or more had seen them.....I don't remember..( I "smoke" a lot )

I figured if they existed then there is a spirit world and maybe we will see those who are "gone".

Why don't you start a ghost thread and see if anyone has "talked with" and seen....with an eyewitness........any spirits?......( people like you more than me ) Perhaps this would add some spice to the subject of ....."are the dead REALLY dead"? Not that this would PROVE anything....but it would challenge your thoughts more.

Edited by - Gumby on 15 December 2002 14:49:10

• mouthy
    mouthy

my 2 cents. We know what God made of man -But read what man has made of God.

(((((ducking))

• Robdar
    Robdar

Mouthy,

Good point. I agree totally.

Robyn

Edited to add: Only 10 more posts now and I make Jedi.....I can't wait to get my very own light saber.

Edited by - robdar on 15 December 2002 15:41:35

• gumby
    gumby

Robdar,

7 more for me and I'm Emporer.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

It's too late. I want to believe, but I just don't anymore. I am now part of the void, part of the machine. I am faithless. I am a product of the earth and one day I will die and that will be the end of me.

I miss my mothers. Wish I could go back, wish I could have made a closer bond, but that is all water under the bridge now. I am not sure if I regret finding out or not, I think I regret it. Death is so final now. Wow, my first regret in life - discovering that the spiritual world is simply a lucid dream, a fanstasy that creates yet another dillusional mind. I won't always regret it though, it will help me to enjoy each and every moment of this precious life.

Unreflected Once it's life's fortunate
    Isn't this so
    The unreflected feeling
    Of a shortened final soul
    The life that cuts the cold
    Now is in your past
    In our memories
    We don't have much to say

Follow anybody
    Is that what you do
    Maybe it transfits
    Done something else with you
    Now we know what we'll be in the past
    Another story
    Another life that's left

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

MrMoe sayz:

It's too late. I want to believe, but I just don't anymore. I am now part of the void, part of the machine. I am faithless. I am a product of the earth and one day I will die and that will be the end of me.

No Mr. Moe,

Romans 1 says that you are a sinner and you are surpressing the truth in unrightiousness. That is you keep the knowlege of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ whenever it is explained to you on the down low deep in your heart so that the Gospel and the Knowlege of God will not confront you with your evil and wicked heart. You need to change and it is a change that you can't do only the grace of God can change you freely outside of any good works or merit that you can do. You need to trust Jesus Christ as Savior and repent of your sin, yet this is a work of free grace that God does in you. You are totally dependant on the mercy of God, run to him and confess your sin turn to Christ and you'll be forgiven. No legalism, no watchtower moralism works rightiousness, just the Christian freedom and liberty that comes with trusting Christ as saviour.

blessings,

jr

Edited by - clash_city_rockers on 16 December 2002 2:34:32

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit