The cruelty of shunning now being exposed rc

by poopie 55 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I have been dumped by all sorts.....and I am not in trouble, not overtly vocal, and simply do not attend meetings for what I describe vaguely and on purpose as "reasons of conscience".

They shun even when they don't have to. its their fall back position. And to top it off.....they tell you how hard it is for them to do it!!!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I noticed yesterday that Angus Stewart got emotional when he first started to mention shunning. I was surprised at his reaction being that during the past few days he's been very calm.
  • theGreenWitness
    theGreenWitness
    To add to @Ohiamfree's point, email [email protected] and try to use references to publications you have been provided with or from your own research.
  • BU2B
    BU2B
    This is wonderful news! Can you give a link and minute marks?
  • Ohiamfree
    Ohiamfree

From around 1:07 - http://youtu.be/BONW67c9SEw

Psycologically devastating and CRUEL.

• BU2B
    BU2B
    Oh wow that was great thanks!
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    My esteemed Ladies & Gentlemen, I`m so sick of hearing this word, "SHUNNING" Lets get one thing straight JW`s DONT that's right, i said DONT shun. We need to start calling it what it truly is "PEER VICTIMIZATION" which is a person being made into a victim by someone else, and can have psychological and physical effects. Disfellowshipping and shunning are both part of victimization. The difference is that when you shun, the emphasis of badness is on the person or object being shunned. That is how they have made it acceptable,( example: I am shunning chocolate cake. WHY? it makes me fat, I am shunning the sun. WHY? I got a skin cancer last year.) O.K maybe not the best examples however the application of the word shunning is the same when applied to a person. When you hear some one say they are shunning some one , your first response is to ask WHY?. That in it`s self allows the one doing the shunning to justify their act of cruelty, by stating that the one being shunned is of bad moral standing. If on the other hand someone said I`m victimizing that person, you wouldn't even ask, you`d think WTF! and run. The emphasise of being morally bad is placed at the feet of the one`s doing the shunning. I am studying this subject at the moment. It is my believe that instead of using the indoctrinated word of shunning, and begin to use victimization in it`s place, it MAY lesson the feelings of blame for those who find themselves in this psychological torturous situation that has lead many to take their lives. I would love to hear your own thoughts on this . I am working with Marc and Cora from England, and they will in the near future be talking about this on youtube. thanks I know it`s been a long read.
  • Ohiamfree
    Ohiamfree
    Sabin - the problem is there is victimisation is a word that most people will not understand and we need to stick to simple terminology for the purpose of those that don't know much about JW. It's fine when writing legal professional documents to use victimisation, but the general public will not understand what is meant. There are many words that we all understand in the JW or in our profession, that someone outside will not "get". Victimisation is one of them. It is not a "doing" word - more of a description of the persons experience as a result of being shunned.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

They shun even when they don't have to. its their fall back position. And to top it off.....they tell you how hard it is for them to do it!!!

This is a very good point. They shun even when they don't have to...then they tell you how hard it is for them to do. Uh, no. It's not hard to give someone the silent treatment if you hate them.

• clarity
    clarity

Sabin

I think you are absolutely right! How would jws be honest enough to spit that out of their mouth! Not only does it show themselves to be evil, but they actually have to be able to explain why they are victimizing this person!. What exactly did this person do? Did he/she ask a question? Have a doubt? Warn others about a 'known' child abuser?

I will be using victimization from now on! Thanks so much!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit