Royal Commission Live Hearing Now

by LostinJapan 239 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

If we believe Toole then Watchtower's legal department does not have the foggiest idea what Watchtower's service department does, and this despite constantly harping away about "the organization".

WHAT exactly is ORGANIZED about an arrangement of two departments that supposedly act in concert yet one has no idea what the other does or how it does it?

This guy Toole perfectly demonstrates the maze of mumbo jumbo JWs with serious questions have to navigate only to come away with nothing.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Former Penn State football head coach Joe Paterno was fired for withholding knowledge about a child.

Something very similar about Toole and him.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Why do all of US know about the Branch Organizational Manual, but the Legal Department doesn't, and the Service Desk doesn't?

Why do all of US know how it realllllly is? and they "don't"? Elders do not encourage people to go to the police, elders encourage "silence." "Keeping Jehovah's name clean" "Not bringing reproach on the congregation/ Jehovah's name" People who talk get disfellowshipped. People who testify in a trial get disfellowshipped. Stuart needs examples of these.

I have heard so many people say, so many times, "We can't bring reproach on Jehovah's name!" That is ingrained!

Elders read those Sheperding books like a Bible, they do "not go beyond what is written." It is followed word for word, and all the implications in the WT are in the back of their brain...

Have you ever noticed how many times that Rahab is brought up and studied in the WT and other publications? How she protected the spies by 'lying' about where they were? This is the subtle indoctrination, the repeated praising of such actions to "protect God's organization"... After all, she became one of Christ's ancestors, right? So how bad can 'lying' ("theocratic warfare") be?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

They're back online.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Praise the Lord for informing the general public through these proceedings of the many 'snakes in the grass' there are among WT top brass.
  • Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

they're back!

• cha ching
    cha ching

"This has been a wake up call to me, I wasn't aware of "how I could get sued" !

He sounds scared... what quality of lawyer is he? Call up "the senior Bethel lawyer" and he'll mess up your life!

• Mephis
    Mephis
    BCB's counsel is picking up on the issue of legislation about reporting criminal matters generally. Toole confirming that they'll be taking independent advice on this now. Law requiring it has been there for 25 years. Toole's competence as lawyer is really being questioned as he didn't realise this. BCB's counsel is questioning how they square scripture with obeying law here. Toole gets chance to demonstrate again how they pick and choose which laws they follow.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

The judge asks Tool: Have you always understood that? It is a general obligation on each citizen.

Why isn't he talking confidentiality now???

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Toole is feigning ignorance of the requirement to report criminal knowledge, and that mandatory reporting overrode it. I do not believe that he was so ignorant, as mandatory reporting should be seen to be an extension and not a watering down of legislation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit