Royal Commission Live Hearing Now

by LostinJapan 239 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep
    What a weasel. 10$ says he loses his job as Wt legal and is assigned to mowing the lawns at Bethel or is assigned as a CO to Alice Springs for the rest of his life.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    OMG! Toole just contradicted the JW position on Acts 5:29. The female counsel asked him if legislated mandatory reporting would would conflict with the JWs understanding of Galatians 6:? about everyone bearing their own load and he said no. He said they would do whatever the superior authorities say. That contradicts earlier point about obeying God as ruler rather than men. What a blind hypocrite!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

He's lying about Jehovah's Witnesses being told not to associate with "worldly" children!

• Mephis
    Mephis

Toole now claiming they don't isolate themselves. Counsel for BCA (?) not impressed.

Loving how JW beliefs are passed off as being the responsibility of others. 'Choice' does not mean what you think it means in JW land. How many times has 'freedom' been placed in a 'relative' context in the WT etc? You are free to jump off the cliff... you are free to go to the police... you are free to attend a judicial committee... you are free... It's the little things like 'consequences' for exercising your 'absolute rights' which is the part being left out by JW witnesses.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    I can't even be bothered to type all the contradictions in this guy.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

So true, Mephis, the subtleties of JW talk.... "relative freedom"

The WT HAS worked long and hard to ingrain these things into our heads.

• Mephis
    Mephis

Spot on cha ching. And there we go again. In relation to positively encouraging people to go to therapy, "People have an absolute right to speak to who they want to." But here's 60 years of discouragement on going, and active advice about the dangers... oh, and they'd better not be df'd... and express concerns about the cult you're in... and...

• oppostate
    oppostate

That's right Mephis--Toole just said "people have an absolute right to speak to whomever they want to"! And my jaw dropped!

How about a DF'ed person can they speak to them, I guess they have the right, the "absolute right" to do so, and they can also be held to account before elders for doing so and maybe even expelled from the congregation if they insist in talking "to whomever they want to".

Toole is such a liar! He's not giving a true picture of what JW religion's expectations are.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They have an absolute right to report to their school friends on the playground, mmmkay?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    He lied about Theocratic Warfare - "I don't know what it means"!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit