The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• herk
  • SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Herk, so what you've pointed out is that the concept of a trinity has spread out to many pagan religions. The doctrine of the Trinity exists in the Bible, and therefore you must be calling it pagan as well.
    The concept of a heaven, hell, and Supreme Being is in other religions too. Even the concept of a virgin birth (which originated in Babylon.)
    I have a little history on this last one.

Knowing that Jesus would be born of a virgin, Satan divised a plan to confuse the people into putting their trust in a counterfiet virgin.
    After Noah's flood, the survivors multiplied and built the great city of Babylon. Satan found his "Virgin"--a beautiful witch named Semiramis...and he used her to put untold millions into hell.
    Semiramis became the Queen of Babylon and married Nimrod.
    Satan used them both to create a satanic cult so powerful that it spread around the world and multitudes looked to Semiriamis as their goddess mother.
    After Nimrod's death, Semiramis moved quickly to take advantage of the situation. Satan's phony vigin gave birth to another child and claimed that Nimrod had been reincarnated. The child was called Tammuz. He became the god Baal.
    She became a godess with many names such as Baalti, (The Madonna), the Great Goddess Mother, Queen of Heaven, the Mediatrix, the Mother of Mankind, Astarte, etc.
    Because the people of Babylon were scattered to various parts of the earth, they took with them the worship of the divine mother and child. As time went on, monuments of the goddesss and her child appeared in many nations. (Devaki & Crishna; Isis $ Horus; Indrani $ her Child)
    I'd show some pictures too, but I can't seem to get it to work. :-(

So what's my point? Two, actually:
    1) Satan's tactic is, and always has been, to mix truth with error.
    2) Are you going to deny the virgin birth now because other pagan religions have facsimiles of it?

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Herk, it is an interesting study, though. I will have to look into it.
    You mind telling me what site you got those pics from?

• herk
    herk

The Celtic Trinity

• herk
  • herk
  • herk
  • herk
    herk

Q.) How many Trinitarian Scholars does it take to change a light bulb?

A.) First, they must hold a council to decide whether the light bulb should be soft white or cool white.

Then, they must hold another council to determine whether they should accept fluorescent or incandescent lighting.

Following their acceptance of incandescent over fluorescent lighting and soft white over cool white, several other councils of hundreds of clergymen over a period of hundreds of years must decide whether there is to be but one filament contained in one light bulb, or whether there are to be three filaments in the one bulb.

Additional centuries must pass before several groups of clergymen protest the use of soft white incandescent bulbs and begin bickering over whether to convert to fluorescent lighting or return to cool white incandescent bulbs.

Finally, some non-Trinitarians come along and install a new light bulb patterned after the original bulb and turn on the light.

• herk
    herk

The Trinity

Jesus said, "Whom do men say that I am?"

And his disciples answered and said, "Some say you are John the Baptist returned from the dead; others say Elias, or another of the old prophets."

And Jesus answered and said, "But whom do you say that I am?"

Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Logos, existing in the Father as His rationality and then, by an act of His will, being generated, in consideration of the various functions by which God is related to his creation, but only on the fact that Scripture speaks of a Father, and a Son, and a Holy Spirit, each member of the Trinity being coequal with every other member, and each acting inseparably with and interpenetrating every other member, with only an economic subordination within God, but causing no division which would make the substance no longer simple."

And Jesus answering, said, "What?"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

SwedishChef says,

So what's my point? Two, actually:
    1) Satan's tactic is, and always has been, to mix truth with error.
    2) Are you going to deny the virgin birth now because other pagan religions have facsimiles of it?

Ever thought maybe it is the other way around? Maybe the other "pagan" beliefs are the true religions from God and Christianity is the false religion from Satan? Also you are getting yourself into a trap here, maybe Satan has planted those beliefs in Christianity after the fact to confuse the "truth". Again circular arguments. I am sure you will have a counter argument against these points I have made.

Edited by - william penwell on 2 December 2002 23:15:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit