The Trinity

by meadow77 740 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

Swedish is right that Jesus is the creator of all things. Compare Isaiah 44:24; 45:12; with Hebrews 1:10

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, . . ." Isaiah 45:12

"And , Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:" Hebrews 1:10

Edited by - hooberus on 2 December 2002 17:48:12

Edited by - hooberus on 2 December 2002 17:50:37

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Ha ha ha, funny herk. Your not only mocking Trinitarians, your mocking God.

The God I worship died for Me. The God you worship created someone else to die for you.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Joseph,whether you'd like to admit or not, those verses you quoted in Isaiah refute your belief.

The fact is, from passages like these, we get a clear understanding the Jehovah is a jealous God who will not share His glory with another.

SwedishChef,

I covered all this at least once in this thread. All one has to do is go back and read them. You must prove your points not simply insist upon them. You must show context and all relevant facts. So lets look at one or two again and see how well you have done.

SwedishChef said: Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

This not talking about graven images only, the Lord Jehovah says He will not share glory with another; then he says neither to graven images. He speaks of graven images separatly. The fact is, a person reading this verse for what it says will come to the conclusion that Jehovah is the only God who is worthy of praise.

So you say but your interpretation is wrong. I showed you a verse where the LORD (YHWH) did share His glory with His Son. Even in Trinitarian theology the Son is another person and is not called LORD (YHWH) Failure to understand the text or your part does not make my comments wrong.

SwedishChef said: Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

This verse reinforces it. There many other like it.

And do you still keep this Law? Do you offer sacrifices, kill Goats and Sheep, have Rabbis bless them and all that? If not then what makes you think that we are still under such Law then? I explained all this already several times. Laws change, this covenant has been replaced with a new one. Failure to understand the text and how the faith now functions does not refute my comments and make them wrong.

SwedishChef said: If I'm getting this right, you also believe that there are two creators. One who created the universe, and one who created mankind. I would just like you to find one verse which says that.

There are at least four. Once again I explained all this in this lengthy thread. For the universe you provided:

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

For the mankind you provided these two:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Only human life, no planets, stars or universe are being discussed in John.

Collossians 1:16 For by him [Jesus] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Same here, only organized humanity is being discussed by Paul.

You have no case, none whatever for your views. None of this is in the least bit complex.

Joseph

• herk
    herk

The Hindu Trinity

• gumby
    gumby

You guys even got a clue as to how long this debate has been going on????

Why the hell didn't your Lord make his word more clear if ANY of this is true?????

A dieified Jesus explains it all.

• herk
  • gumby
    gumby

Hey herk!

Your an arnery old bastard and I like ya! Nice to see an older gentelman get it on late in years. I would have NEVER known your age were you not to tell it a while back.

Keep on truckin old pal!

• herk
  • SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Joseph,
    I don't know what your reading, but it says that Jesus created everything. The world, the heavens, and yes, people. And nothing would have been made if it were not for Him.
    You really ought to stop twisting scripture like that.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Famous monotheistic religions-Zoroastrianism, Islam, Hinduism, Mvelincanti, Judaism, Batak.

What's your point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit