Jesus is God

by SwedishChef 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

I can safely say that anyone who does not believe that Jesus is God does gives no regard to scripture. Many passages of the Bible I and some others referred to state clearly and undeniably that Jesus is God. Jesus says "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father." (John 14:9)
    Isaiha 44:6-7 says: "Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee." This passage is speaking of the coming Messiah. Jehovah is sending Jehovah.
    For those of you who believe not, you simply don't believe what the Bible says. For those of you who complain that it doesn't make sense, read 1 Timothy 3:16: "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
    The Bible calls this a mystery, but it is very clear that Jesus is God.
    Also think on this - Isaiah 45:5 says "I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me." The Bible says there is ONE God. Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:" The Bible says no other god is to be worshiped but the true God.
    Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." The Bible says that every knee shall bow to Jesus Christ the Lord. This is worship. Jesus Christ was also worshipped by ... ... the wise men (Matthew 2:11) ... the disciples in the boat (Matthew 14:33) ... the women at the empty tomb (Matthew 28:10) ... the disciples at His ascension (Matthew 28:17) (Note in the Great Commission that the "name" of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is singular -- Matthew 28:19) ... the man born blind, who Jesus healed (John 9:38) ... all God's angels (Hebrews 1:6). Therefore, what are you going to believe, the Word of God or the Watchtower?

• Navigator
    Navigator

Undisfellowship

No the bible does Not say that Jesus created all that was made. That honor is given to the Logos or The Word. Jesus refers to himself as a Son of Man. There is a big difference is saying that Jesus was divine and saying that he was God. I would agree that Jesus was divine. But then I happen to believe that we all are.

When Jesus addressed the rich young ruler who saluted him as "good master", he replied. "Why callest thou me good? There is none good save the father."

Swedish Chef

You are correct. I don't believe all that I read in the bible or the editing that has taken place thereafter. Jesus is my master, not my God.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

If you can believe the whole Bible, what makes you think any of it is right? The Bible describes people like you who have become a "law on themselves". You pick and choose what you want to believe.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

If you can't*

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    Many passages of the Bible I and some others referred to state clearly and undeniably that Jesus is God. Jesus says "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father." (John 14:9)

I see it now! Jesus is obviously the Father!

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    If you can believe the whole Bible, what makes you think any of it is right? The Bible describes people like you who have become a "law on themselves". You pick and choose what you want to believe.

What parts were authorized as being inspired? Didn't the Catholic Church decide this? Were they inspired to decide that?

Edited by - LucidSky on 25 November 2002 17:35:13

• maynard
    maynard

If I quote enitrely from one anthology, I would just cite the anthology, not go out and collect print data about the publication of each work within.

And when I turned it in, all the scholors and professors would laugh at me for just using one source for my arguement, explain to me while it may well be valid and interesting that it doesn't have any weight because of my reliance on one source.

Also you didn't respond to my point of credibility

Joannadandy the bible is a collection of resources, not just one resource. The only so called scholars and professors who would laugh at you would be the ones who dont understand how the bible is put together. There are many publications and works of literature written that only us the bible as its resource. Many of these works are held up as great writings and even used in educational settings.

The subject of credibility is a whole different issue which I would be happy to address if your are seriously interested.

Blessings to you Maynard

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

I fail to see how anyone can believe what the Watchtower says. They contradict themselves at everycorner. The Watchtower denies the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ and even his crucifixion. (which is clearly taught in detail in the four Gospels and in other places in the bible) It saddens me that a religion so obviously false has fooled so many people. What the Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be grounded on is the sole thing which proves them wrong - the Bible.
    Remember, the pillar of truth in this world is the inspired inerrant Word of God.

• Farkel
    Farkel

SwedishWhatever,

Your comments about Num 31 totally ignore the reason why ONLY virgin girls were to be spared their lives. You also ignore the pesky question I raised about how the Israelite soldiers determined virginity before they killed the girls or didn't kill the girls. What SCIENTIFIC METHOD did they use, to determine virginity, SwedishWhatever? An unbroken hyman? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Many, if not most girls have broken hymans if they exercise even moderately. It is not and never was any sort of reliable method to determine virginity, and many females lost their lives because of asshole men, like those asshole men Moses commanded. It's like giving a Circuit Overseer who's never had any children the power to counsel families who actually live and walk in the world of children. So how did these "chosen people" decide virginity, then?

All the rest of what you said is garbage.

So my direct challenge to you is to answer the issue I raised and not try to obscure it with your pathetic apologetics.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit