Jesus is God

by SwedishChef 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Mackin said,

Am I correct in assuming that you do not welcome diversity of belief and viewpoint?

Diversity and veiwpoint are what make for an enlightning conversation. It is when the veiwpoint is laced with profane remarks that I do not welcome. It reminds me of a redneck with a pack of cigs rolled up his or her sleeve and a dirty toothpick hanging out of their mouth with clothes that reek of MAD DOG 20/20.

Scorpion

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

avishai said: Farkel, you rock! Also, what about the one "good" man in sodom/gomorrah, Lot? Who told the pervs outside trying to hump the travelers " Take my virgin daughters instead"! The same "righteous man" who later humped both of those daughters! Yeah, reallly great guy.

You have this backwards avishai. You need to read Genesis 19:30-36 and tell us again who humped who.

Scorpion

• Zep
    Zep

Scorpion...

>The word "may" is used to express possibility. It does not mean that it "will" be a diffinite thing to take place. I believe in a time of war in the case mentioned in Deuteronomy 21, a woman may fair better, taken by the capture than left to fend for herself.

So, after the Israelites have BRUTALY MURDERED all the men, women, and children they dont want, as it says at Number31 (slobodan milosevic eat your heart out). They then take all the virgins as SLAVES ...not necessarily for sex, maybe just for cleaning around the house or something, since there is nothing better than have a little virgin slave to clean around the house huh. OF COURSE, they dont have to rape these virgins if they dont want to. But if they so wish, then then can rape these virgin slaves as deut 21 tells. The bible approves of rape

>You also left out verse 14 that pertains to the text.

>14. Should she cease to please you, you will let her go where she wishes, not selling her for >money: you must not make any profit out of her, since you have exploited her.

...So after exploiting her, in others words RAPING her etc. If he isn't happy with her, he must let her go, and isn't allowed to massacre her like he did to the rest of her family...how nice.

OK

• Mackin
    Mackin
    It is when the veiwpoint is laced with profane remarks that I do not welcome.

Have I made some "profane remarks?" If so what were they?

...MAD DOG 20/20

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by this. Please explain.

Mackin.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Czar

Before the thread got hijacked by discussion of child rape I was going to say that your post reminded me of what Charles Fillmore, the founder of the Unity School of Christianity, replied when he was asked whether or not Jesus was God. He replied:

"Jesus was not God." "However, he so gave up his sense of personal self, was so in tune with his creator that it becomes difficult to tell where Jesus leaves off and God begins. "

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

The Bible says everyone and everything that has ever been created was created by Jesus Christ.

The Bible calls Jesus Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End, First and Last, The Almighty, The God, The Mighty God, The Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Can those titles and names apply to anyone other than the Supreme Being?

Hebrews Chapter 1 says that the Father commands all of His angels to WORSHIP Jesus.

The Bible says that Stephen and Paul and John prayed TO Jesus.

Revelation Chapter 5 says that every created thing in the Universe will WORSHIP the Father AND THE SON.

Jesus, in the Gospel of John, says that all people should honor the Son the same as they honor the Father.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 25 November 2002 6:4:16

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 25 November 2002 6:5:44

• Zep
    Zep

"The Bible says everyone and everything that has ever been created was created by Jesus Christ"

Aww man, I thought Satan created flies, and viruses, and other gory stuff. But it was Jesus fault.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Zep,

What happened in the Old Testament times, I had no control over and have questions in my owm mind as to why certain events took place as they did. Much of what I read as far as passages like this are in many ways no different than what take place today in times of war with other countries.

It makes one wonder how far we have really progressed from ancient times as far as behaviour toward one another. I did not write the Bible, but I do try to take things within the context of the whole chapter when making a statement other than taking a few scriptures and applying it to what I want to believe or reject.

Scorpion

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Mackin,

As far as reading the few posts that I have seen of yours, I cannot say that you have made any profane remarks. I was not refering to you.

MAD DOG 20/20

Go to your local liquor store and look in the cheap wine section.

Scorpion

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

I'm just trying to figure out how my post turned into this. I'm also appauled by the immaturity of some people here.
    In any case, I will endeavor to respond to this passage in Numbers. It has been groundlessly asserted, that Moses here authorized the Israelites to make concubines of the whole number of female children; and an insidious objection against his writings has been grounded upon this monsterous suppostition. But the whole tenor of the law, and especially a stature recorded in De. 21:10-14, proves most decively to the contrary. They were merely permitted to possess them as female slaves, educating them in their families, and employing them as domestics; for the laws concerning forinication, concubinage, and marriage, were in full force, and prohibited an Israelite from even marrying a captive, without delays and previous formalities; and if he afterwards divorced her, he was to set her at liberty, "because he had humbled her."
    Cf. Le 25:44, De 20:14, 2 Ch. 28:8-10. Is. 14:2.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit