Jesus is God

by SwedishChef 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Here is a large collection of verses which prove the Deity of Christ:

Isaiah 6-7 6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, the everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
    44:6-7 6. Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. 7. And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee. (note: Hebrew word for "Lord" the King of Isreal, and "Lord" of hosts are exact same word. Strongs reference 3068)
    CF Isaiah 44:24, Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
    Zechariah 2:10-11 10. Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord. 11. And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
    11:11-13 11. "And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the LORD.12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.13 And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD."
    Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."
    Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
    Mark 2:6 " Why doth this man [Jesus] thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?"
    John 1:1-14 "1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 3. "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." 14a. "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,"
    5:18 "Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."
    8:58-59 58 . "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." 59. "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."
    10:30-31 30. "I and my Father are one." 31. "Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him."
    (Note: It is important to read verse 31 too. For a jw will say that what Jesus meant was I and my Father are "one in will." But if that's all he meant, why did the Jews attempt to stone him?)
    14:8-9 "8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"
    20:28-29 28. "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God." 29. " Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
    Acts 9:4-5 4. "And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?" 5. "And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."
    20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
    Philippians 2:6-11 6. "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"11. "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
    Colossians 1:15-19 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
    1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
    Revelation 1:7-8 7. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
    1:17b-18 17b "..., Fear not; I am the first and the last:" 18. I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. (cross ref. Rev. 1:5 Jesus is the first begotten of the dead.)
    19:16 And he (Jesus) hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. [Surely this description could only fit the Almighty God.]

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Here is a large collection of verses which prove the Deity of Christ:

For it to prove anything, the source must be unimpeachable. The source (Bible) only claims to be unimpeachable, but that's only a claim. It must stand up to its claim, and it doesn't. The Bible is easily impeached. I can cite several hundred examples to prove my point, but I'm more curious in which Pizza toppings you prefer and whether you like deep-dish or thin crust.

Farkel

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The first rule of arguementation is that you use several sources with lots of credibility.

I'm pretty sure just quoting the Bible will get you many gold stars with people who don't buy into the Bible.

Better luck next time tho.

• Mackin
    Mackin

Assuming of course that the Bible is anything more than a fictional work with some Jewish history thrown in.

Just what we need, another "trumpet blowing" Christian to save our souls. Will they never learn....

Mackin

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hey Farks, I like a deep dish pizza with smoked ham and sausage.

My philosophy is that a perfect creature like Jesus has a deep spiritual connection with his creator that transcends anything we know as imperfect beings. The closest we can come is a united husband and wife: one flesh, it is called, although it has two individuals. So God could be connected with Christ, "in union" while still existing as their own entities - ergo, Christ needs to pray even when alone, Christ gets tired, Christ feels hungry, Christ cannot grant the seats of power to his disciples, Christ begs to have this cup removed, etc. Jesus is not the same individual as Jehovah, indeed, is a lesser being, but is connected so closely and in spiritual ways that soar above and beyond what we know yet - these persons have known each other for eons of time, while we only live for seventy. How can we possibly think we could make a dogmatic statement on an issue like this?

People who say that God and Christ must be the same person, or that they must be completely distinct, fail to heed to words of the Bard, "There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Or as Paul said, "There is no end to the knowledge of God."

CZAR

• hooberus
    hooberus

Thanks for the list. Yes Jesus Christ is God.

• Farkel
    Farkel

czar...,

: My philosophy is that...

I have no problem with anyone's philosophy and celebrate yours if it works for you. You were honest enough to admit it was your belief and no more.

I wish you much success on your path in life.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

hoober,

: Thanks for the list. Yes Jesus Christ is God.

Of course your proof text also condones child rape and genocide, not to mention the writings of that psychopath Paul, or that nutball John the Revelator. Your proof text leaves a lot to be desired in the area of ethics and just plain common sense.

Farkel

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Farkel,

I dare you to show the Bible Verses in support of this claim:

Of course your proof text also condones child rape.
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

SwedishChef,

Welcome to the Board!

Thanks for this Thread!

Yes, indeed, the Bible most certainly does teach that Christ Jesus is THE GOD!

The Watchtower went to great lengths to alter every reference in the New World Translation to make it appear that Christ is not God.

It looks as though you have been "attacked" by the atheists and agnostics.

Hang in there.

Peace to you and I send my Christian love!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 24 November 2002 23:24:50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit