Jesus is God

by SwedishChef 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

undisfellowshipped,

: It is way, way more likely that the girls were taken as servants or slaves -- nothing is mentioned of child-rape in this Verse.

Then WHY did Moses say to take ONLY the virgin girls, not just girls in general, not wives (they were to be massacred), but ONLY virgin girls? Next, how did the Israelite soldiers determine WHICH girls were virgin and which girls weren't? Think about the test that they applied to obey Jehovah's servant Moses. Which finger did they use, and how did the little girls feel when they were felt-up by those barbarians? And after they stuck their fingers where they stuck their fingers, how did they know for SURE that the little girl they were about to butcher was a virgin or not? Think about that. Just how scientific was their method of determining virginity, or not? Who died who WAS a virgin in that massacre?

Now back to your answer which explains nothing: you assert that the girls were taken as servants or slaves. Don't you see the idiocy in that answer alone? Why would the God of love not only condone human slavery, but sanction it? That's idiotic and that god is idiotic. You Bible-thumpers seem to think that slavery in ancient times was not a big deal because everyone else did it. But the Israelites were NOT everyone else. They were God's chosen people. That being the case then it is logical to say that Jehovah was a slave-promoting God. Period. That makes Jehovah a major asshole for not having his own chosen people set a great example for all their neighbors.

The soldiers SPARED some women and girls in Num. 31! But Moses said NO! Kill them ALL, EXCEPT for the virgin little girls. Read it again. For your assertion to be valid, virginity or not had nothing to do with it: Moses just wanted female slaves. But that's not what happened.

Moses made it quite clear to kill all females BUT the virgin girls. Since the average age of marriage at that time for girls was 12 years old, then Moses made it perfectly clear that he wanted little girls spared. Now tell us all, would an 11 year-old girl be a better slave than say a 25 year old woman? If so, please explain. Now would an 11 year-old VIRGIN girl be a better slave and say another 11 year-old NON-virgin girl? Explain your answer.

Sex-slaves is still the only logical answer. I've read that portion of the Bible a dozen times and I can come to no other conclusion. If you weren't so blind and trying so hard to make bullshit into anything but bullshit, you would have to agree.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 25 November 2002 1:47:17

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Wouldn't a 25 year old woman make a better sex slave than an eleven year old girl??????? What kind of freaky world are you living in, Farkel? A little girl would certainly make a more docile slave than a grown woman.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Numbers 31 says nothing about taking children and raping them unless you read that into the context.

Mackin said: We welcome diversity of belief and viewpoint, but please introduce yourself first. Making your first post "Jesus is God" consisting of nothing but quoted scriptures is what I call "rabid".

When you say "we", are you including everyones veiwpoint on this forum by your own?

Scorpion

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Why weren't the young boys taken as slaves?

Boys grow up to be men who can avenge their family's deaths.

Farkel, there are much better topics you can use if you wish to try and discredit the bible. Your Numbers 31 argument is real weak.

• Zep
    Zep

deut 21

Marrying a Captive Woman
    10 When you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife.

Translation into plain english:

After you have massacred all the ungodly scum, all the men women and children...dogs, cats, horses,cattle...whatever. If you see a hot attractive virgin above the age of 12, or thereabouts. You may take into you house and RAPE her and keep her as your sex slave...though you should call her your "wife", because it sounds better than "sex slave". Of course, you can only RAPE her after she has mourned the death of her entire family for a month...since she might be a little upset that you murdered he whole family.

Edited by - Zep on 25 November 2002 1:57:43

• Farkel
    Farkel

jesussaves shows that Jesus saves Idiots,

First comment from Jesussaves:

: Wouldn't a 25 year old woman make a better sex slave than an eleven year old girl??????? What kind of freaky world are you living in, Farkel? A little girl would certainly make a more docile slave than a grown woman.

Of course, that ignores the whole argument of WHY Jehovah God sanctions slavery when every civilized group know slavery is and also was barbaric. Stick with my argument, instead of putting in a strawman about who would BETTER be a good female slave, and trying to justify why 25 year olds were slaughtered by Moses' troops, and 11 year olds were not. Just HOW do you justify that slaughter at all, JesussavesIdiots?

: Why weren't the young boys taken as slaves?

: Boys grow up to be men who can avenge their family's deaths.

No doubt. Afterall, the Israelites were murderous genocidal assholes who preyed on their neighbors because they WERE murderous genocidal assholes. The one thing the Israelites have never leared is what civilized people call a "Good Neighbor Policy." No! The "Good Neighbor" policy for the Israelites was DEAD neighbors. But are you so stupid as to think that girls cannot do the same thing, or haven't done the same thing to avenge a death in their family? In Moses' day women were nothing more than property who were to be used sexually upon demand, and forced to slave for the men who literally owned them. The ancient Israelite women had it almost as bad as Watchtower wives do today.

: Farkel, there are much better topics you can use if you wish to try and discredit the bible. Your Numbers 31 argument is real weak.

Nice try, but you haven''t done a single thing to weaken it, despite your bluster and red-herrings. You either address my arguments one-by-one and attempt to demolish them or look the fool for claiming that you have, or that that they are weak. I stand by what I've said, and you haven't done a single thing to diminish what I've said. The Bible is clear and my exposition of it is clear, too.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 25 November 2002 2:9:37

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hmm, if Numbers 31 were actually talking about Child-Rape, I think it would have said something like this:

Numbers 31:18: But all the women-children, that have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves as concubines.

Or maybe like this:

Numbers 31:18: But all the women-children, that have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves as wives.

Moses would have completely contradicted the Law that he himself had commanded.

Why in the world would Moses have ever given the Law against Incest and Rape in the first place if he was in favor of it?

I will definitely reply to your comments soon Farkel.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 25 November 2002 2:12:25

• avishai
    avishai

Farkel, you rock! Also, what about the one "good" man in sodom/gomorrah, Lot? Who told the pervs outside trying to hump the travelers " Take my virgin daughters instead"! The same "righteous man" who later humped both of those daughters! Yeah, reallly great guy.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Zep,

The word "may" is used to express possibility. It does not mean that it "will" be a diffinite thing to take place. I believe in a time of war in the case mentioned in Deuteronomy 21, a woman may fair better, taken by the capture than left to fend for herself.

You also left out verse 14 that pertains to the text.

14. Should she cease to please you, you will let her go where she wishes, not selling her for money: you must not make any profit out of her, since you have exploited her.

Scorpion

Edited by - Scorpion on 25 November 2002 2:19:55

• Mackin
    Mackin

Scorpion,

Obviously I cannot speak for everyone on this board. I am generalizing somewhat. But I think that I made a reasonably fair statement, yes?

Am I correct in assuming that you do not welcome diversity of belief and viewpoint?

Mackin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit