Jesus is God

by SwedishChef 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Mackin said:

Just what we need, another "trumpet blowing" Christian to save our souls.

Humans most certainly cannot save anyone's souls.

It is God who chooses the people whom He saves.

God is the One who chooses to use whoever He wants to use to preach the Gospel.

If you don't believe it, so be it.

That's part of Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech, we Christians can preach, and any other Religious people can preach, or non-religious people can complain.

Ain't Freedom Great?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hey farkel,

That's why I like my philosophy. It doesn't put the demand of credulous belief in irrelevant things like this. It really doesn't matter whether Jesus IS god or just his representative. He's still not here.

It looks as though you have been "attacked" by the atheists and agnostics

*sniff snort grunt howl*

[channels the devil]

ABANDON YOUR INSIPID CRUCIFIED GOD AND KNEEL BEFORE THE LIGHT OF THE GOAT! DANCE TO HIS MUSIC ALL YE ABANDONED BY THE POWERLESS HIPPPIE!

Czar of the "giggling madly" class

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Undisfellowshipped if your idea of an attack is pointing out to someone the flaws in their arguement, I feel sorry for you.

• maynard
    maynard

SwedishChef I managed to find 56 verses in the NT related to this subject. You can find then at; http://blacknob.tripod.com/jesusisgod.htm#top

Blessings to you.

Maynard

• maynard
    maynard
    The first rule of arguementation is that you use several sources with lots of credibility

joannadandy, SwedishChef cited 8 different sources, all historically very credible.

The Books of Isaiah, Zechariah, Micah, Matthew, Mark, John, Acts, & Philippians were all written by different men. The bible is not one book, but a collection of 66 books written over 4000 years by over 40 different people. All attesting to the same message, God's redemption for mankind.

Blessings to you

Maynard

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Since Farkel decided to say that the Bible teaches that it is okay to Rape Children, I feel obligated to post Verses that show Farkel to be WRONG:

Leviticus 18:6: "'None of you shall approach anyone who are his close relatives, to have sex with them: I am Yahweh.
    Leviticus 18:7: "'You shall not have sex with your father, nor with your mother: she is your mother. You shall not have sex with her.
    Leviticus 18:8: "'You shall not have sex with your father's wife: she is your father's.
    Leviticus 18:9: "'You shall not have sex with your sister, the daughter of your father, or the daughter of your mother, whether born at home, or born abroad.
    Leviticus 18:10: "'You shall not have sex with any of your granddaughters.
    Leviticus 18:11: "'You shall not have sex with your half-sister, who was conceived by your father, since she is your half-sister."'
    Leviticus 18:12: "'You shall not have sex with any of your aunts.'"

Leviticus 18:14: "'You shall not have sex with any of your uncles.
    Leviticus 18:15: "'You shall not have sex with your daughter-in-law: she is your son's wife. You shall not have sex with her.
    Leviticus 18:16: "'You shall not have sex with your brother's wife: it is your brother's wife.
    Leviticus 18:17: "'You shall not have sex with a woman and her daughter. You shall not have sex with any of her granddaughters; they are near relatives: it is wickedness.

Deuteronomy 22:25: But if a man rapes an engaged girl out in the country, then only the man must die.
    Deuteronomy 22:26: Don't do anything to the girl. She has not committed a sin for which she deserves to die. This is like the case of someone who attacks and murders another person.
    Deuteronomy 22:27: The man found the girl out in the country. She may have screamed for help, but no one was there to rescue her.

Ephesians 6:4: You fathers, don't provoke your children to wrath, but nurture them in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Colossians 3:21: Fathers, don't provoke your children, so that they won't be discouraged.

Matthew 18:5: Whoever receives one such little child in My Name receives Me,
    Matthew 18:6: but whoever causes one of these little children who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him that a huge millstone should be hung around his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depths of the sea.

Matthew 18:10: Make sure that you don't despise one of these little children, for I tell you that in Heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in Heaven.

Matthew 18:14: Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in Heaven that one of these little children should perish.

1st Corinthians 5:9: I wrote to you in my letter to have no company with anyone who has sex with anyone other than their spouse;
    1st Corinthians 5:10: yet not at all meaning with the sexual sinners of this world, or with the covetous and extortioners, or with idolaters; for then you would have to leave the world.
    1st Corinthians 5:11: But as it is, I wrote to you not to associate with anyone who is called a brother who has sex with anyone other than their spouse, or covetous, or an idolater, or a slanderer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. Don't even eat with such a person.

Galatians 5:19: Now the works of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness,
    Galatians 5:20: idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
    Galatians 5:21: envyings, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 25 November 2002 0:31:50

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hey, everyone, please go look at my post above again.

I had put the word attacked in Quotation Marks -- "attacked".

I was trying to make a joke, but I can understand, on the Internet it is hard to know when someone is joking or not.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, and I definitely did not mean to upset anyone by my joke.

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

Jesus ------------o------------ God

This used to be one of my favorite forms of cheap entertainment...watching "Christians" spew hatred towards other "Christians," (even condemning each other to eternal damnation) over a game of Trinity pingpong during online chat.

I even jumped in and learned I could play Trinity pingpong all by myself! (I became a master-debater!)

I wonder how long it takes some to learn a lesson in futility?

Does it really matter if I believe in Tom and you believe in Jerry, or that Tom is actually Jerry...or that Tom is bigger than Jerry? I mean they are in the same wonderful cartoon! Can't we all just sit quietly and watch the show?

~wick

• Farkel
    Farkel

undisfellowshipped,

Numbers chapter 31. Read it CAREFULLY. Moses ordered his warriers to take virgin sex-slaves after murdering their parents and non-virgin siblings if they were female. If they just happened to be male little boys, virgin or not, they were to be murdered, too. Moses was a piece of work. If you want to debate that with me, please do. I'll debate the whole issue on exactly what the Bible says and no more. I've done this before, by the way. There is no debate, really. The Bible says what it says. You should read it sometime instead of just talking like you've actually read it.

Farkel

• Mackin
    Mackin

At least JW's and Atheists agree on one thing. They both think rabid born-again Christians are wackos.

Mackin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit