To Ros, Re. "Ouija Please"

by IslandWoman 53 Replies latest jw friends

• herk
    herk

IslandWoman,

I appreciate the confirmation too that there is a yes and no on the board. The big difference I see between the Urim and Thummin (and casting of lots) is that those ancient users were looking to God for answers whereas oija board users sometimes get answers that are obvious untruths and even some that are obscene in nature, according to what I've read in newspapers.

Herk

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Herk,

You make a good point but what if someone invoked God for an answer using a Ouija board or using another means to communicate with God similar to the Yes and No method? It would then be possible to speak with God just as the ancients did. No?

IW

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Just noticed the Forum C Administrator's post, which initiated the original post on this thread, has been removed.

Why it was I do not know so am left only to speculate.

IW

• ros
    ros

IW wrote:

Just noticed the Forum C Administrator's post, which initiated the original post on this thread, has been removed. Why it was I do not know so am left only to speculate. IW

It is?? What post? Do speculate, please. :-)

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Whats with all this sudden interest in Ouija boards IW?

• herk
    herk

Island Woman,

I know of no religion that uses ouija boards in attempts to communicate with God. I tho't he wanted it done by means of an interaction between Scripture and prayer. Some people use prayer beads, and others use folded notes that they insert into the Wailing Wall. I don't know of any place where he's authorized the use of them either. Since ouija boards are known to often give wrong answers, I doubt God would be happy with our use of them any more than our calling upon known false prophets who claim to speak for him. I think most people who get by pretty well with prayer would say "Don't try to fix what ain't broke."

Herk

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Ros,

Thanks for your patience.

Herk,

Since ouija boards are known to often give wrong answers,

I believe the same could be said for the "casting of lots".

IW

• herk
    herk

IslandWoman,

I'm curious. I know of no instance where the casting of lots produced a wrong answer even once, let alone "often." Care to elaborate?

Herk

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Herk,

Have you tried casting lots?

If so did it always provide you with the right answer?

IW

• herk
    herk

IslandWoman,

It seems to me we were discussing ouija boards and casting of lots. How did I all of a sudden become the topic? You claimed casting lots gives as many wrong answers as ouija boards do. I'm interested in knowing how you arrived at that conclusion. I can post several reports on the failures of ouija boards, but I haven't seen one that relates the failure of lot casting. I just thought you might know something that the rest of us don't.

Herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit