Should I continue to support Bill Bowen?

by Gamaliel 83 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I made the speculation that perhaps he's posted the 3 messages that have surfaced so far to defend himself against the 90,000 attacks against him. I have no frigging idea. All I know is we're all making asses of ourselves, over nothing.

It's rediculous, and everyone is acting like children.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think Bill Bowen is defending himself. He continues to attack Ray Franz and anyone else who "cannot see" his point of view.

I support the silent lambs and the aims to change WatchTower policy but I think the whole thing has been misled / hijacked (call it what you want) by one or two people who, for whatever reason, have become obsessed with this issue about Ray Franz and there is no reasoning with them.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Well then who cares? If you think he's being petty, then why should we be petty too? The end accomplishments is what matters, not what Bill Bowen thinks of Ray Franz.

I wish that Bill never posted anything, and I've said it before. I myself don't understand the point, but who the hell cares? I think some people are complete morons, does that make me, or them for that matter a bad person?

This constant bickering is no good, and it's far worse than the effect of the original issue here. It goes on and on for weeks and weeks and benefits NO-ONE.

I'm not here to 'stick up' for Bill, or to defend him, he's a big boy, he can handle that. I'm here to say why don't we stop acting like idiots? All of us, including me.

• Simon
    Simon

I agree ... I think this whole this simply serves to distract attention from the *real* issue and has alienated a lot of supporters.

The WTS could not have done a better job of damaging Silentlambs ... I hope the person who thought this was such a good idea is proud.

• Queenie45
    Queenie45

If you are meaning by this that you feel uncomfortable supporting Bill Bowen and Silent Lambs any further because his tactics are more aggressive than some others may be, and that you would prefer that this whole issue be handled in a less aggressive manor, only focusing on the healing of the current and past victims, I say to you you are wrong, I mean I greatly disagree, and this is why...

If one wants to not only heal current and past abused people but KEEP Future abusees or potential abusees from becoming victims at all, there will HAVE to be a MAJOR change to the "status Quo" and no one ever accomplishes a MAJOR change to a powerful organisation, be it poitical or religious, by being quiet, meek, and nicey-nice!

If we will look to the past we find the more peaceful the protestor the quicker the protestor is either quieted or killed. The way I figure it, you put yourself, your life and family on the line if/whenever you take a stand against evildoers in power, be your stand more public and out there, or not, you will be threatened either way and are just as much at risk, so better to make sure everyone and anyone you can let know the WHOLE TRUTH, let them Know loud and clear!

A good example of the importance of this is found by the recent MURDER of very publicised Jewish Leader whom the FBI CLAIMS, commited suicide by "Slitting his own throat and jumping over the side of a building." YEAH, RIGHT!

It's true his outspokeness did not save his life, but at least anyone/everyone with an ounce of brain that has heard & seen this report KNOWS that the "OFFICAL STORY" is a LIE! And thus, there will be an investigation and regardless of it's findings, likely some future reprocussions. Were he a more quite protestor, likely no one would even know who he was, much less give any of his story 5 minutes on the news. Sad but true.

Sincerely,

Queenie

• Simon
    Simon

No. it has nothing to do with aggressive tactics but more todo with making sure the attacks are directed at the correct people and organisations.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I am certainly not interested in this continuing, and I only wish it never began. Bit how do we know what took place in the conversation between Bill and Ray? They both make different claims, but are we human lie detectors?

I have no idea who's right or wrong, and no amount of arguing will ever give us the answer. The secret behind this entire mess will go to the graves of both men I imagine. But who are we to say one is telling the truth and one is not? Are we some kind of God's that know all?

That's why I hold strong to my opinion.....let's all grow up and give it a rest.

Again, if there is solid proof out there, then I think those persons should step forward. The future of silentlambs depends on it. If Bill is this evil person that everyone claims, than I would want nothing to do with him. I don't think this is the case, but if it were, than that would be a fact. I don't agree with everything the man says or does, it's human nature, but even still, the cause is noteworthy and noble. Period.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

RevMalk,

For a guy who seems to want everyone to drop the issue, you do pretty damn good at keeping it alive.

***I have no idea who's right or wrong, and no amount of arguing will ever give us the answer. The secret behind this entire mess will go to the graves of both men I imagine. But who are we to say one is telling the truth and one is not? Are we some kind of God's that know all?***

May I suggest to you, that your above statement so misses the whole point. It no longer is as simplistic as answering 'who said what', the endless discussion, you claim to dispise, is now predicated on Bill Bowen's inability to accept anyone's, ANYONE'S view(s) that differ from his. And I will add a Period to that!

His demeanor throughout this whole charade, has been nothing short of fanatical, in his quest to strongarm those who do not see thing's his way. Even asserting that Jehovah God see's things his (Bill's) way.

If you or other defender's of this eccentric can excuse this sort of blatant meism, then do so freely. To expect or demand that other's drop this issue is haughty and very self centered. Who are you to dictate what we discuss or consider important?

I suggest you return to Bill's site, Iam fairly sure you will hear only what tickels your ear's there.

Danny

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Edited by - fjtoth on 21 November 2002 18:10:34

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

What I was afraid of seems to have come to pass.

When I first heard of the Silent Lambs, I was thrilled that the corruption that reeked through the organization was being exposed. Like it or not, this org is part of my life and I must deal with the lies I grew up with for the rest of my life. Whatever.

But instinctively I knew that these battered lambs were in terrible danger of being used to fulfill the powertripping fantasies of an unscrupulous character. I kept flinching as stories about Bill's personal ego and vendetta tactics flooded the board.

I think that Bill has been corrupted by the power he has piled up. I don't trust him, and certainly won't give him my money. The cause is good, but the leader is off somewhere attacking people that have nothing to do with him.

What I see Bill wanting is to divide the apostate community and force as many of us as care about this issue under his shadow. He's made Silent Lambs about HIM instead of about the lambs.

Oh well. Another leader disillusions me. Big whoop. Surprise.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit