Do You Think That You're Smart?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

TR, no matter what your IQ, you are special!

Blondie

• shera
    shera

Well,yeh I'm smart.

I also think everyone is smart ,some people just have different gifts.Alot of knowledge doesn't make a person smart,a person can be high in intelligence but has never been givin the chance to learn.My son is austic ..I see alot of thinking and smarts in him.I think how people are raised plays a factor in how well we do,if we have parents who boost our self esteem,children are more likely to do well.If a child lives in a crappy home and has low self esteem,may not do well,even if the child is smart.

Even if people have learning disablities,are smart,they just need to be taught how to learn with their disablities.Einstine(sp) had a mild form of autism and delixia.Even people with A.D.D are usally above average.

ok..I'm done..hehe

• TR
    TR

Thanks, Blondie!

love,

TR

• Mum
    Mum

I score well on tests. I was usually with the "gifted" group in school. However, I have not demonstrated much astuteness in understanding people and relationships. After I started reading self-help and psychology books, I started getting much wiser. I am a much better judge of character than I used to be.

I was a JW for 17 years, so I would never brag about being "intelligent" in light of that empirical, indisputable evidence.

It isn't what you've got; it's how you use it.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi minimus:

Me.....average smarts. I make up for what I lack in intelligence with very good common sense. No matter how smart you are, if you don't use common sense along with smarts, you will make dumb decisions.

Shera:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."....quote from Albert Einstein. Einstein himself was a brilliant man, but he lacked the common sense that is so important in living a happy life. I would rather be average and happy.

Mrs. Shakita

• ugg
    ugg

no,,,i am not smart,,,,but,,,,i have tremendous empathy,,,a kind heart,,and a good sense of humor..

i will take these qualities over brains any day.....oh i forgot...i am real humble to!!!

• shera
    shera

Yep,he did lack common sense,thats an unfortunate trait of autism.A trait my son has as well

• core
    core

I used to when I was an elder...now I know I was just a jerk and am no better or worse than anyone else

• comforter
    comforter

the nameless one iz a jenius.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

I figure I am bright, but not very intelligent. I know I am hopelessly naive. Not an ounce of street smarts in me. That knowledge has been reinforced recently.

I used to lament that I am not a genius. Now I do not. Of four people I personally know in real life to be geniuses:

former co-worker: excentric, but heart of gold, doing well with his life; very kind and good

former slave: IQ of 161 and emotionally fucked in the head...she doesnt know why. MAJOR player

two of my sons: one has an IQ of 154. The other refuses to be tested. Both are fucked in the head to the point where they are not productive members of society. They are still young enough that there is still hope. Their entire moral code consists of whether they gain or lose. Players when it suits their purposes.

Since 3 out of 4 geniuses I know are seriously whacked in the head, I am glad that I am not that brillant.

Oh, and for all those parents who wish their kid could be a genius? Be thankful he or she isnt. Genius requires a special type of parent. Think of your child, with the immaturity that comes with youth, with the brain power to outthink and outsmart you every time. They also outsmart their schools, credit card companies, etc. and know how to set it up so they dont get punished.

Richard, happy to be just bright class

Edited by - Skeptic on 18 November 2002 15:59:31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit